Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 5530 HomeScreen issue - not showing emai...

Advisor
qahmad10

Nokia 5530 HomeScreen issue - not showing email notification bar

Hi All,

I have just bought Nokia 5530 XM and it was working fine previously but just got an issue yesterday that it is not showing the email notification on the home screen, just showing the empty bar on the place of the email notification and when i tap on it, nothing happens. I tried to find out but cant find anything in the settings etc...

I have updated the software also but nothing happened. Can anyone assist me in this regard please, What can i do now?

Thanks a lot.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
qahmad10

Re: Nokia 5530 HomeScreen issue - not showing email notification bar

PLEASE REPLY 
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Shinobi

I've got the same problem I've had my 5530 for less then a week now and there just an empty bar where my email should be, even when I switch off visibility.

It disappeared after I performed my first ovi sync via mobile internet internet connection just to update what was online. But the sync down graded the quality of my contact thumbnails as well so I just ran a restore via ovi desktop and it fixed my contact images but the email bar was still blank.

Nokia has to do something about this.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Shinobi

Now, media buttons do not appear in on the homescreen for the music player and radio. The options for it has disappeared from homescreen settings too.
Please use plain text.
AnandSachania

Hi guys, if you people have a problem of home screen freezing in nokia 5530 xpress music or a music player controls or dialer is no working evern you tab to screen then RElax be calm here is the solution…….

Steps

1) Backup you device.
2) Go to the home screen and hit main menu key. It will show you a menu.
3) Now Tab the answering (Green) Button which will automatically pop up a dialer. HA haha.
4) type *#7370# and phone will ask you to restore original factory settings?
5) Say Yes and phone will restart with default company setting. And check everything will running absolutely as you were using earlier.
6) Restor the backup and done…….

AS Simple AS that Enjoyyyyyyyyyyyy……

Anand

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Shinobi

It worked :smileyhappy:

Did try that before on the earlier firmware and it failed back then, but thumbs up this time.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Atsuuu

Thank you very mutch ,it worked ,only i wanted my musick player back and i got it.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Dear All,

Indeed this discussion was very useful to fix the issue with 5530. Nothing else helps, than resetting with these instructions the phone.

What I learned while doing this:

* Indeed you need the full back-up thru OviSuite (or otherwise you will lost stuff)

* Some programs must be manually reinstalled such as Spotify, Adobe Reader LE, QuickOffice - find the files, as you will need them after full recovery with OviSuite

* The full reset and recovery of data will not recover the phone's Bluetooth device name that can be set by the user. It goes back to the factory default value

Thank you gents putting this in writing, or otherwise it would have been difficult for my daghters to manage the e-mails on the their phones.

It is interesting that such a blank notification comes up just like that - without any reason and it stays forever... I guess....

Rgrds, Henrik

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cashtanyak

I got the same now, but I have no idea how can I 'downgrade' my software, because whatever I do it returns in few seconds to home screen, and it jumps between - for example - music player and home screen.
I can't even dial the number because it is like the e-mail bar and the rest. And I can't plug the phone to the PC, I don't know why.

Any ideas what can I do to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
youngtito

hi guys,i hve a prob. My nokia 5530 xm is not showing the icons on tha menu display....jus after i changed a theme...i've tryd 2 reinstall buh it ddnt work coz i've 4goten my personal code....plz help me guy...via pleadng!
Please use plain text.