Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 6120 Classic wont send messages.

Registered Member

Nokia 6120 Classic wont send messages.

Hello,

I got a new Nokia 6120 last week and it has been working like a dream until tonight when I tried to send a text message it just kept telling me sending failed. I check my outbox and it either says the message as failed or deferred. I can recieve messages still as I found out from a frustrated girlfriend :smileyfrustrated: but I cant reply. I would appreciate any help on this. 

- Cheers

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Nokia 6120 Classic wont send messages.

i m facing the same problem ... i have to reset my phone by *#7370# after every few days... it solve the problem but it delete all my phone data and msgs... it works just for few days and then same problem.... :smileysad:

i want permenent solution

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
deepestblue

Re: Nokia 6120 Classic wont send messages.

[ Edited ]

First of all, make sure you have the correct Message center updated in Messaging -> Options -> Settings -> Text message -> Msg. centre in use. You can get the number from your service provider.

If that doesn't work out, try these steps, one by one:

1. Turn off your phone, leave your battery and SIM out for 5-10minutes and put everything back in and turn it on .

2. Restore factory settings: type *#7780# at the standby screen. Enter 12345 for the security code or the one you've changed it to.

Before you try the following steps, backup your phone memory using PC Suite.

3. Soft reset: This will clean up your phone memory. All user data, applications etc stored in the phone memory will be destroyed. Type *#7370#. Enter the security code when prompted; default is 12345.

4. Hard reset: This is the last resort. The effect will be the same as that of a soft reset. Turn off your phone, press and hold down these keys: the call (Green) button, '*' (Star), '3'. Turn on your phone without releasing them. Leave the keys only after you see the region selection screen.

5. Reinstall/Update the firmware after soft/hard reset. You will need Nokia Software Updater for this. Download and install the latest NSU from the Device software section of the NOkia website. Make sure that your battery is full and that you have a decent internet connection on a stable PC.

See if you can send texts BEFORE you restore the backup. And while you do the restore operation, do it one item at at time, ie., only contacts, only messages, etc. If you find that the problem persists after restoring, reset the phone again, and while restoring, skip the last restored item. Most often it's teh phone model specific backup and/or the settings that cause problems.

Message Edited by deepestblue on 20-Jan-2010 02:54 PM
Cheers,
DeepestBlue

5800 XpressMusic (Rock Stable) | N73 Music Edition (Never Say Die) | 1108 (Old and faithful)

If you find any post useful, click on the Green "Kudos" Button on the left to say Thank You...
Please use plain text.