Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Messaging will not be available as Beta

Counsellor
saugatab

Nokia Messaging will not be available as Beta

hi!

received a mail from nokia today morning stating that by the end of september, nokia messaging will no more be available as a trial version.

just wanted to know if others have also received the same message and if yes what do we do now? 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Administrator (Retired)

[ Edited ]

Saugatab,

You likely received the trial expiration email because an Operator in your country has officially launched the Nokia Messaging service.  What country are you in?

Thanks,
Jeremiah

Message Edited by jeremiahn on 22-Oct-2009 03:44 PM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
saugatab

thanks for your reply.well i am in india.hope you will be able to tell mer if this has been officially launched in india.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Administrator (Retired)

Can you please copy the text from the expiration email and attach it to this thread?

-Jeremiah

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

This was the mail i got from Nokia Messaging team BTW i too from India

Thank you for participating in the Nokia Messaging beta trial. We
have enjoyed serving you, and have learned much from the feedback and
input from you and tens of thousands of Nokia phone owners. This message is to
inform you that the trial period will come to end at the end of
September and may not be available on your operator network.

Please keep in touch with your operator about this service availability.
Thank you for using Nokia Messaging and we look forward to serving you again
in the future.
Sincerely,

Nokia messaging team

*** This email was generated automatically. Please do not reply to it. **

Does it mean that if u have operator branded handset, Unless the operator takes over and apporves it we will not be able to use Nokia messaging ??

My service Provider is Airtel and i use only their sevices and i have an unbranded handset

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
saugatab

hi! Jeremiah,

were you able to have a look at this?

in fact i also received the same message as menioned above and my service provider is Airtel.

thanks in advance for your help.

Please use plain text.
nandusharma

As far as I can understand, it will continue in India till they officially launch it here. I read a couple of weeks ago somewhere that they are planning to launch it by December 2009. After that it will be Up to each service provider including Airtel whether to offer it free or for a charge. As I see it, Airtel my offer this service free for their unlimited GPRS subscribers.
Please use plain text.
Employee

Like I've said on these forums a number of times, Nokia Messaging is designed to be offered by your operator to you, bundled with a data plan to allow you to easily set-up, use, and afford messaging at a predictable price. This will take place in a country-by-country basis. We are currently launching the service on Airtel in India.
Please use plain text.

As I am really appreciate this service, it is not a very bad news.

By the way, will there any improvement in function if the trial end?

I am in Hong Kong. Just want to know is there plan for my location.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Still working as of 09 hrs GMT on October 1st :-)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
saugatab

[ Edited ]
yes. its working for me @ 01/10/09 3.10 pm (IST)
Message Edited by saugatab on 01-Oct-2009 03:12 PM
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Ending the beta trial without offering any alternative push email solution paid or otherwise would be a tactical mistake by Nokia, forcing a substantial number of potential customers - unwilling to wait patiently for Nokia to tie up with service providers - to switch to alternative clients. It will also mean a loss of face, reputation if you will, putting the stamp of a hardware provider on Nokia rather than the omnipotent force it seeks to be in mobile solutions. Hope that Nokia is able to navigate speedily through the labyrinth of Indian bureaucracy and tie up with not just one but all the major service providers. Afterall India is one of the biggest markets for Nokia, and you don't want your competitors to make inroads into that! May the force be with Nokia!
Please use plain text.

Who in their right mind would pay for a service as unreliable as Nokia Messaging? :smileyindifferent:

The arrogance at Nokia can be really frustrating. 

Please use plain text.

Let me see if I got this straight:

When I bought my phone I choose an E series, E75, exactly with the same specifications as another nokia model but 100 EUR more expensive, just because it had "Enterprise Features" and "push mail" that was included with the phone.

*Now* you (and/or the operator, who cares?) is telling me that I need to pay for a feature that was the flagship of the phone? This has got to be a bad joke

Even worst taking all the bad feedback of the service we can see in the forums.

Unless there's a good explanation for making me pay for something I already payed for when I bought an E series, my company will surely swap brand...

Please use plain text.

I just got this message....

We hope you have enjoyed your trial of Nokia Messaging. Your trial has come to an end. This is the final email you will receive using the service.

Sincerely,
Nokia Messaging team

*** This email was generated automatically. Please do not reply to it. ***

is this for real? I am with Sonera IN FINLAND. I have had no communication from Sonera about email services  and there was no prior mention that the service would just be discontinued...telling my my trial is ending is very, very different than telling me I have no further chance to use the system...

I was holding out for a N900, but guys you have seriously screwed up here...if there is no email service there is no point having the device....get the email switched back on now or this will end up on the blogs quickly and it will not be pretty...

Please use plain text.

I've googled, read, and still don't understand.

I'll forget the fact that I was sure that the main feature of my E75 was not a trial feature - I should have read it more carefully; I'll also forget the instability of the system, it's a "trial", after all.

This is in the FAQ's of the service

How much does Nokia Messaging cost?
You may incur charges in connection with the transfer and receipt of data to your mobile phone and may not be included in your flat data rate plan. Please contact your operator to know how much you will be charged.

But can someone explain me what exactly I'm being charged for?Let's see:

- I pay for a data plan that allows me to be permanently online (fring, gravity, etc).

- My email accounts are IMAP accounts

- Imap has the IDLE feature. From wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMAP_IDLE) "In e-mail technology, IDLE is an IMAP feature described in RFC 2177 that allows a client to indicate to the server that it is ready to accept real-time notifications.". Even the FAQ mentions that.

It seems to me that "Nokia Messaging" is a marketing package for an email client that is trying to charge for a data transfer that uses a perfectly standard email protocol. What's next? A "Nokia Web" that charges me 2 euros/month for a shiny new service that allows me to connect to internet pages using HTTP protocol?

This seems to weird to be true, so I'm anxiously waiting for a reasonable explanation of what's going on here.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Still working in India, 22 days into injury time :-)
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
frm_assam

1.bought a new handset
2.downloaded nokia messaging
3.found a nice yellow warning icon and a message "unable to connect to server. Please try again later."
4.browsed through all the pages of nokia website and found nothing. Nothing except how **bleep** and cool nokia messaging app is.
4.finaly found this discussion page
5.i feel i have been robbed by nokia
6.going to auction off my shiny new week old device at ebay.

Only now i realise that nokia too is no better than apple. After its only business after all, not social service. However from one business man to another, here's a my business secret, "Its all about return business.".
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
frm_assam

oh, so your discussion pages censor too, eh? How very responsible. **bleep** you, nokia, **bleep** you. Now, sue me!!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
frm_assam

Now that the niceties are a over, here's the questions.

1. When if it's ever done, will nokia messaging be fully released with a proper service team?
2. Will it be available in India?
3.Are you listening webmasters? (I couldn't find relevant information on your website, only advertisements)
3. What will be the usage costs, of any? (If we have to pay for services even after paying for the devices, it's gonna get dirty for nokia)
4.Which operators will be supported, both short-term and long-term goals?
Please use plain text.