Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Sim Messages

Contributor
mrtang63

Sim Messages

How do I use the Sim Messages storage section in my handphone?

Is there any way to transfer my messages to the Sim Messages? 

My handphone is Nokia 5610

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
no1_slumko

Re: Sim Messages

Most recent Nokia phones simply just don't allow this

To verify if yours is one of them. Go to your messages settings > other > memory in use > and see if sim memory appears.

If it does then select it as your storage location if it doesn't then your phone doesn't allow this

NOTE: most sim cards will allow you to store only about 20 messages. I have heard people saying they have sim cards that can store a total of around 200 but I personally haven't come across such.

Show your appreciation. Hit that kudos button real hard
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mrtang63

that didnt work, but thanks for the suggestion :smileyhappy:

i actually searched through the whole of settings for messenging and i didnt find any way of setting my sms storage to SIM messages.

so what is this purpose of SIM messages if theres no way of accessing it? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
no1_slumko

You can read your sim messages and copy them to your phone but you can't store them there. 
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mrtang63

then how do the messages get there in the first place?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
no1_slumko

read my 1st post I said most RECENT nokia phones do not allow this. you used that sim in another phone and that's how the messages got there. the only reason the sim messages option is there on your phone is to recover messages that are already on your sim not so you can store more
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
naveenbio

You can use dongal  to transfer messages to the sim, some dongal support this feature (eg. reliance). But it is possible to only those messages that were received after connecting the dongle to the PC. Iit could not transfer any messages that were already received and stored in your handset.

Please use plain text.