Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Spammers using Nokiamail

VBTroubleshoot

Spammers using Nokiamail

I'm not sure if your aware of this or not, but your free e-mail is becoming an issue with spammers using it to sign up at websites and is getting very close to being added to DNSBL. I'm guessing from the ease of signup for it and lack of a proper reporting engine in your service as the reason for spammers being attracted to Nokiamail.

I suggest that you correct the problems before nokiamail.com emails are all blocked due to the issue.

VBT

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

hi mate,

as this is a user to user forum only for Nokia products and services, i would suggest leaving feedback with Nokia directly via clicking the Nokia Support link at the bottom of this page.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
VBTroubleshoot

That's done as well, but thanks for replying. Just to report the issue to Nokia it was necessarry to lie that I had a Nokia phone. Hardly a good system for reporting an issue like this. Most website owners would just give up prior to going that far and just put nokiamail.com on a block list and submit the address to DNSBL. The end result of that is that eventually all nokiamail.com email addresses will end up blocked for registration on a lot of sites.

Anyway, I have reported it to Nokia via email and it also is here in these forums, so the problem has been highlighted to the point that they should be aware of the issue.

Hopefully they will take steps to correct it before Nokia owners start having issues with their email.

VBT

Please use plain text.
VBTroubleshoot

Just an FYI on this. Support did get back to me on the issue, but it was a very poor response on their part. They seemed to think in the response that it's either not an issue or not their responsibility to have a proper reporting system in place to control spammers using nokiamail.com email addresses. As a result at this point emails and registrations from/using Nokia servers are now blocked on for more website servers.

With the amount of spammers using nokiamail addresses on the more popular Blacklist sites I suspect that the servers themselves will be blacklisted before long.

Please use plain text.
jwirth

Thanks VBTroubleshoot, the Nokia Mail & Chat Team has been aware of the issue you reported for some time now and we are working diligently on solutions to identify and shutdown these offenders. 

Please use plain text.
fakedemails

Spammers using Nokiamail. Same issue here. This is very serious and Nokia should take care of it immediately.

< mailto addresses can be redirected, so 'reply' will send it to different email address. >

Please use plain text.