Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

This email address is already registered to anothe...

Advisor

This email address is already registered to another Nokia Messaging account

Me and my friend would like to use one gmail account like"abc@gmail.com" in two seperate nokia device.

I have added the account to my Nokia Messaging, but when myfriend try to add the sam account, then the below message displayed :

This email address is already registered to another NokiaMessaging account

Is there any process to add the same account in anotherdevice.

Please help or suggest

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: This email address is already registered to another Nokia Messaging account

Forget to mention my device model number, one is E51 another one is E71. 

Where I would like use same e-mail account by Nokia Messaging, please suggest if there any proceedure. 

Please use plain text.
Sage

Hello,

You and your friend's device will need to synchronize with the exact same Nokia Messaging account in order to accomplish this.  In my experiences, the Nokia Messaging server will not let you add the same email address to different Nokia Messaging accounts.  However, you can have multiple devices syncing with one Nokia Messaging account.  With that said, log into the Nokia Messaging account that has the desired email address configured, send an SMS install to your friend's phone number, and have them complete the installation/provisioning process.

Please use plain text.
Employee

bigdog13 is right, you can't sync one email address to multiple Nokia Messaging accounts, but you can sync one Nokia Messaging account across multiple phones.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

This email address is already registered to another Nokia Messaging account

Dear Bigdog13 & Davis Fields, 

Thakns for your prompt resposne.

I would like sync our official mail, but don't want to sync my personal or my freind personal mails.

e.g.

I would like sync as follows :

abc@gmail.com

xyz@hotmil.com

my friend would like to sync as follows :

abc@gmail.com

bcd@yahoo.com

So "abc@gmail.com" is the common mail which both of us would like sync.  

Would appreciate your help considering above.

As we know by Nokia Standard E-mail which under Messaging we can share one mail to many users. But appreciate if we can do this by Nokia Messaging 

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Waiting if someone has the possibility on the above issue
Please use plain text.
Employee

Nokia Messaging is a service-based offering to let you mobilize your existing email accounts, and in this current version, any unique email address can only be synchronized with one Nokia Messaging account.
Please use plain text.

This email address is already registered to another Nokia Messaging account : forgot the nokia ac

I tried to enter one of my most used email in nokia email account, and then I got this message "This email address is already registered to another Nokia Messaging account." . I have tried with both known nokia accounts but faied to find it in either of this. Now I need support to know with which nokia account this email is associated - May be it is associated with an old account that I forgot. Any help will be highly apprecaited.

Please use plain text.
mojcat

[ Edited ]

Hello!

So, as I understand, there is no way to use the same email address on two different Nokia devices, unless you use the same Nokia Messaging account on these two Nokia devices.

But, the situation like mrmizan has described (so that he would like to sync the same official mail as his colleague, but don't want to sync his personal or his colleague mails) is also possible and even very frequent.

So, is there maybe an option to add two different Nokia Messaging accounts (not email address) on the same Nokia device?

In that case there would be an option, that mrmizan and his colleague would just add:

1 ) private Nokia M. account (with private email addresses assigned) and

2) the official Nokia M. account (with official email addresses assigned)...

Please use plain text.