Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Unable to connect with the information provided. P...

ramprasad

Unable to connect with the information provided. Please try again.

[ Edited ]

I have been using nokia messaging for some time now , but now suddenly the message updates stopped

I tried removing the account and adding again the messaging client gives a stupid message

Unable to connect with the information provided. Please try again.

It is not even trying to connect to my mailserver , I know for sure because I cannot see any connection from nokia in my mailserver logs 

What is the issue , With this kind of product , no wonder nokia is the last phone anyone wants to buy

Moderator's note: We have removed your email from the post because we do not recommend users to display sensitive information on a public discussion board.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Re: Unable to connect with the information provided. Please try again.

Hi ramprasad,

Sorry to hear email is not working as expected. Please login in email.nokia.com and check the settings of the email account. You can also delete it from the server and then try to add it to phone again.

Please let me know if this does not help.

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
herrzeba

I have this same problem and I am unable to login to email.nokia.com. I'm using this same gmail address, but recently I changed the password and since then I cannot access my account via mail on Nokia. Any help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
herrzeba

OK, I figured it out, I needed to create application specific password in google accounts for it to work. Took me half an hour to work it out, man.

Please use plain text.
ice2fire

Hi Jampe,

I also have this problem. After researching on the web, seems this problem started happening around the 12th of July. There are also quite a few support request issues on microsoft support sites.

When I go to email.nokia.com I also get the same type of error, similar to the one on the phone. This might lead a user to beleive that the password to the hotmail account is wrong, but after connecting to the account thru the hotmail web page with the same credentials, it works properly.

Only thru email.nokia.com or thru the phone does this error appear.

I have a Nokia N8 with Belle v111.030.0609.

This is quite obvious that it is an issue between Nokia email synchronization service and Hotmail.

thanks for any help that can be provided.

Please use plain text.
Sage

Very same situation. Removed my hotmail account from both phone and email.nokia.com site, I'm unable to add it again to either services. My Hotmail account works through my computer browser, I changed my password without problems.

I agree with ice2fire on the possible cause being an issue between Nokia messaging servers and Hotmail.

It's annoying especially because I cannot access the mobile version of Hotmail: my 701's system browser says that the site is in WML, that's not supported by the browser itself...

Another annoying thing... I wrote to nokia support and they told me to factory reset my phone to solve... Is this a kind of standard answer? I'd lose days just reinstalling apps, data, personalisation...

Please use plain text.
Sage
ex_king_john

Jampe wrote:

Sorry to hear email is not working as expected. Please login in email.nokia.com and check the settings of the email account. You can also delete it from the server and then try to add it to phone again.

Please let me know if this does not help.

Jampe

The login screen asks for "the first email address you used when you signed up for Messaging - Email."  

I have to admit that I do not remember ever actually opening an email account on nokia.  It may have been a requirement at some point during my time with Nokia but if I did set one up I have never actually used it as an account.  As for the email address I used whenever that was ; who knows?.

Plus there is no hint or reset button available.

In any case other users seem to be saying that that particular fix doesn't work.

So what is your Plan B?

You do have a Plan B don't you?

Please use plain text.
arekzlomzy

Same problem on my C3, the messaging nokia application worked without problems those last 3 days included this wednesday 25 july between 1pm and 4pm  (i received this phone only 3 days ago), now i can't log in, i receive an error "Invalid e-mail address or password. (Code409)"

I tried to restore from a save that i did in nokia suite, it didn't work so i tried the factory settings, it didn't work too...

I hope there will be a solution it's pretty annoying because with ebuddy for example, i have to got the program open for be logged in and at work i can't do that because i receive many calls, opening and closing application 50 times a day may become pretty boring.

The only thing we can do is praying, but i'm wondering if i have to pray God or Nokia :confused:

Please use plain text.
arekzlomzy

SOrry for double posting but it seems that the service works fine again, i logged few times on the messaging services and mail is working well too..

I hope it gonna stay like this, i really hate third party messangers :smileyfrustrated:
Please use plain text.
Sage

Lucky you, arekzlomzy... I still can't add my hotmail account to my 701, nor can add it to email.nokia.com website.

Both ways I get an error that makes me think I'm using a wrong password, which is not, since I can successfully log onto my hotmail account by means of a web browser...

cheers

m

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MessagingUser

Hi Mario,

If I may ask which country are you connecting from ?

-cheers

Please use plain text.
Contributor
barab

I'm facing with the same issue since last week on my E6-00. I received exactly the same message I can't set my hotmail account, though all other services, like ovi or gmail are working properly. I've contacted the local support and they advised to make a factory reset or reinstall latest software. The factory reset didn't solve my problem and I guess the reinstall wont either. Another strange thing that the IM for Nokia doesn't work as well if I want to log into msn. First I though it’s a local problem, but reading through all the topics it seems that more and more people have the same problem.

Please use plain text.
Sage

@MessagingUser: I'm from Italy

I had a couple calls to Nokia Careline, meanwhile, and I have to say they're quick and kind... Being in Italy it's rather uncommon and it's a good sign of Nokia customer service culture.

On the downside, I didn't get a working solution. Yesterday they told me they reset my account and, as a matter of fact, I can't log back in email.nokia.com with my hotmail account. On the other hand, I could NOT register my hotmail mailbox using my 701, nor I could using my old 5800XM that I reset (three-fingers salute) because Nokia keep telling me that I have to reset my phone to make mail work :-(

If the need for reset was true, it won't be a good way to provide service... can you imagine, having to format your PC every time your email application crashes? And if it wasn't true, why they keep telling me...

Today they told me that resetting my hotmail account on email.nokia.com is not instant but could take a few days (weeks?!?) to get to completion... So I'm waiting some days then I'll try again...

Meanwhile, nothing that can stop me thinking that Nokia is just trying to hold me on while they try to solve a connection issue between their server and Microsoft/Hotmail infrastructure, that would explain why:

- there's more and more people writing on this forum about the same issue with Hotmail (and not with other providers, for instance)

- I couldn't set up Nokia Messaging services from three different phones (my 701, my old 5800xm and my company's E55)

- I wasn't able to get on hotmail from email.nokia.com

Is there anyone that has Hotmail working on Nokia messaging? That would be interesting...

Please use plain text.
arekzlomzy

Hello Mario.

Nokia messaging is still working for me, i have been disconnected one time and got an error but i reconnected since and i am able to im's normally.. E-Mail working without problem too, both services with an Hotmail.fr account.

I hope the problem for you will be resolved quickly Mario, i will try to search a little the net for some possible solution.

Take care.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
barab

Just like almost everyone in this topic I also contacted the local custoemr service. They have forwarded this issue, but there is one strange thing they mentioned and I didn't understand clearly and someone here can help. They've told that only on Nokia email accont can be set on Symbian and if you delete the acount from the device the email can only set up as a pull account and push email set up will not be available anymore on that account.

What does this exactly mean?

Please use plain text.
Sage

I noticed that Hotmail is making changes lately... I've been asked wether to set my account to be always https. I assume authentication has to be https anyway, but these changes tend to modify how the service responds to other automated infrastructures (e.g. Nokia Messaging).

Anyway, I'm playing around with these settings, to see if they have any impact on the issue itself. Up to now, nothing seems to change...

Please use plain text.
Sage

Today I tried one more time to recreate my hotmail mailbox on my 701... and, magic! it worked! Now I have my mail back.

Funny, I still can't connect with that user account onto email.nokia.com. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

Still disappointed for this slowness in changes/fixes... but now it works... knock on wood...

Please use plain text.
E_Singularity

funny as it is: i am able to set up <name>@hotmail.com, but when i try to set up <name>@msn.com it gives me this error.

setting up works fine for windowslivemicrosofthotmail-now-outlook - whatever it is - for the following domains:

...@live.com

...@hotmail.com

does not work with

...@msn.com

...@outlook.com

i presume nokia messaging servers are trying to adapt to mightymicrosoft's new hotmail make-over.

Nokia Belle ...? What is it?
Please use plain text.
Sage

Can't understand what guys at Nokia are doing, but yesterday my hotmail account started asking for a password over and over again. I deleted it and trying to recreate it I got this error once more.

Today, nothing changed. I had to create a pop3 account for my Hotmail mailbox that's working fine, thus:

- my password is correct, since I can download my messages via pop3 and send via smtp

- my hotmail mailbox looks all right and unchanged since yesterday (and I did NOT change settings like https auth or whatever)

The only thing I did to my 701 was uninstalling Bokia Drop beta version, since it's not working and beta has been suspended. But it's hard to think that a sw like Drop could be related to a mail account that I used to have well before Drop...

As I was saying, I can't understand what Nokia is doing about this and other issues. But I bought my 701 in March 2012, and now, 5 months later, I could draw a line:

- Nokia Care intervention needed after FW upgrade OTA that scrambled my applications (solved);

- Nokia Careline intervention needed to re-activate my mailbox (didn't solve);

- Earpiece speaker going squeaky all of a sudden, for no apparent reason, no warranty intervention possible because phone fell on the ground one month before speaker problem appeared;

- several issues posted around forums here and others, none of wich has been solved other than with workarounds

Doesn't look like the best way to get market shares... oh yes I forgot, 701 is not a Lumia. I think I'm getting a new phone, not a Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Sage

There I go again. I wrote to Nokia Care once more, and once more I obtained a really kind answer that causes me to have more doubts than certainty...

They said that my problem setting up my hotmail mailbox is due to... behold...

Nokia Messaging is not available anymore for devices running OS Symbian, Symbian^3, Anna or Belle

Reading this AND what's going on on this forum is making me confused... Is Nokia not providing Messaging Service for Symbian phones anymore? Anyone at Nokia could confirm?

Thanks

M

Please use plain text.