Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: nokia 6320 messaging

Contributor
tjpl

nokia 6320 messaging

I have a query that has been posed to me by a friend, thinking that I was far more a verse with mobile telephones than I actually am. Is there anybody out there that can confirm that the following is possible. Between 2004 -2006 the content of a series of received text messages were altered or possibly fabricated. The message was saved to the save item memory of a nokia 6230. The nokia was not the receiving handset. The text messages that were saved in the saved item memory of the nokia 6230 contained all of the properties of a genuine unaltered received message. Namely from entry at date entry and time entry. The  messages had been altered or fabricated via another handset or via pc cd rom (similar to a pc suite supplied with a nokia 9100i handset) the puzzle using the equipment available pre 2006 is to explain the simple process that allows you to alter a received text message and retain the from date and time entries and stored in the saved items folder, so as give the appearance of a received text message. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

do you have a question or are you trying to make a point? i don't understand, so please clarify so we may be able to assist you.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tjpl

My question is can the properties be altered so as to look as though the message was sent at a different date or time, your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tjpl

sorry I meant sent or recieved.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

no, and why would you want to do that in any case?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tjpl

As I said before the question was posed to me by a friend, who is assisting in an court appeal. There is suggestion that a message property could be altered which would result in a false judgement. My question is simply whether it is possible, it would then be down to the lawyer to ascertain whether the process could be confirmed. In short is it possible to change the properties of a text message. Thank you for your help so far.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

The answer is yes. It is possible to export the messages from the phone, modify the file, and then re-import into the same or another phone. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tjpl

This is my first real experience of finding help from a forum, so I dont know whether my next question is appropiate or even allowed, so please accpet my apology in advance if I am about break any regulations. Would it be possible for a legal representative to make contact with you to ascertain whether your services could be employed to assist in the proving of your suggestion that a message properties could be altered.

Please use plain text.