Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: share from gallery "feature not supported" and...

sammyd

share from gallery "feature not supported" and social app "unable to start" errors

Hi I have had my Nokia N8 for 13 months now and I have always uploaded my photos either from the share button in my gallery or the social app. a few days ago  when i tried to upload from the gallery it said "feature not supported" I went to the social app to try to upload that way and it said "unable to start". It's quite annoying as I upload photos to facebook all the time.Can anyone help? I did not do an update before this happened and I have restored to factory settings and it is still not working. Also I noticed that my camera is not saving to my memory card, even though it is set that way in the settings. Very stranged goings on indeed. Can anyone help please?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Re: share from gallery "feature not supported" and social app "unable to start" errors

hi mate,

have you checked if there are any firmware updates available for your device via Nokia Suite? if there are, please update to the latest version offered. Also check that afterwards you have installed all the additional app updates that are offered thru Nokia Suite, and also check on the device itself for any additional app updates. Let us know how you go.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Daxter1

Re: share from gallery "feature not supported" and social app "unable to start" errors

I am so sorry for bumping into this thread and changing the question, but I can't find any way to add a new question to the board!

I have had my E5 for about 8 months.  Lately there have been issues and I had to go back to a factory reset last night.  I reloaded my two email accounts -- Comcast and Earthlink.  I've used these two for the entire duration of owning the E5. 

Today, the email account for Comcast deletes all my emails, even if I have not opened or read them yet.  It is not happening with the Earthlink account -- only the Comcast account.  It is not dumping them into a delete folder -- they simply disappear.  This is my primary email account and I need to keep on top of my emails, so this is very upsetting. 

I deleted the Comcast account and reloaded it again.  It is still happening. 

What would be causing this to happen?

Please use plain text.