Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: social app not working n8 - system error

aloattias
Accepted Solution

social app not working n8 - system error

Hello, 

when I open the nokia social app, messege open to me "system error" I cant open the social app.

And I hope that you are going to help me with this. 

Thanks ! 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Hi aloattias,

Welcome to the Nokia discussion boards!

Have you tried installing Nokia Social from betalabs here?

If this still provides a system error, you should try the following resets to see if it helps:

Soft Reset:
Enter into your keypad *#7780# and when prompted, enter the default passcode 12345. If you have changed the code, it will be the code you changed it to.
A backup will not be needed as this will not delete any data.

Hard Reset:
This will erase all data on your device, so a backup is recommended before you do this.
Once backed up, enter *#7370# and when prompted, enter 12345 as the default passcode.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

haZey

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
aloattias

Thank you very much, but can I ask more a little qution? 

When I update to my belle the FM bordcast has gone, I can't use it because this is not in my manu. 

Can I install FM broscast? 

Please use plain text.
gatofasico

I tried to download social from ovi store, because is no longer on beta labs, but it says its already intalled.

I uninstalled social first, reboot the phone, but ovi store says its already installed

Please use plain text.
gatofasico

went to software update and found a social update, installed it, but social still wont work

says "sorry, please uninstall and reinstall social"

what the hell, I just did that

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
manpote

pls when i open nokia social, it says ''unable to start''. Pls any help?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

i have the same problem as manpote, it started before i installed the latest belle refresh sw but the problem still exists, i thought the new sw would solve the problem.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kapsjc

go to settings then installations and go to already installed,u'll see social there then uninstall it.
Please use plain text.