Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: 5300..PLEASE.....Help required on removing rin...

Contributor

5300..PLEASE.....Help required on removing ringtones....PLEASE

I know this has been asked before, but could someone give me a basic walthrough on how to remove unwanted ringtones on the 5300, as they keep playing on my tracklists.
Please use plain text.
Sage
power_user

Re: 5300..PLEASE.....Help required on removing ringtones....PLEASE

UNWANTED ???

Did you copied this to phone??
OR, built in??

Cheers,
KATH.
POWER_USER
"tEcHnOlOgY is LIFE"
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

i think he means the built in ones, you can delete them on your pc
Nokia N95
V 20.0.015
Please use plain text.
Sage
fred_be9300

[ Edited ]

Me too I'm unable to remove the ringtones found under \Memory card\Tones\Ring tones. I tried all sorts of things:

- deleting from the phone,

- deleting from pc (file explorer) with "data storage" USB connection

- deleting from pc (pcsuite phone browser "File Manager" ) with Nokia mode USB connection

I'm considering to reformat the memory card...

I managed to save most data off of it, with the exception of the games and collection files, but most of that is available from Nokia website... The only thing I would really lose, is the file "introduction.swf" under MemoryCard\Collection.

Message Edited by fred_be9300 on 14-Jan-2007
07:50 PM

My Nokia history: 5310 (Sep 2008), 5300 (Jan 2007), 6610 (June 2003), 3310 (2001)
Please use plain text.
Sage
fred_be9300

mmm, it is easily possible to remove the preloaded ringtones on the memory card.

I got myself confused... I was trying to

1) copy all the preloaded stuff to my computer harddisc, so it's saveguarded from disaster ;-)

2) remove the preloaded songs.

I had some problem copying protected content (1). But deleting the preloaded songs is relatively easy: Connect via USB to the PC, in "data storage" mode. Then you should be able to simply delete the ringtones (they are in folder predeftones\predefringtones on the removable disk). 3 more songs are at the root of the removable disk.

Because these files have the "system" attribute set, you may have difficulty seeing the files, depending how your Windows is configured (this is set under Windows Explorer's "Folder Options")... If the above fails, or if you want alternative options, open a dos box (Start, Run, "cmd") and do (assuming the disk letter is G:smileyhappy:

cd /d G:\predeftones\predefringtones
attrib -s *.*

then you'll be able to move or delete the ring tones from the phone menus. The ones you want to keep, you could move them to the phone memory. The others you can delete.
My Nokia history: 5310 (Sep 2008), 5300 (Jan 2007), 6610 (June 2003), 3310 (2001)
Please use plain text.
Professor
ricksvill

You are a STAR !!! go to the top of your class.
N96-1 + 8G SD~Software Version 30.033~Software Version Date 18-06-09~Type RM-247~P/C 0543713~T Mobile UK
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Brilliant advice, finally got those annoying ringtones off my track list!!! Can't thank you enough, was starting to make me bonkers. Why have Nokia done somenthing soooo stupidly annoying?
You are indeed a saint.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

how do you move teh ringtones to your My music folder?

mine is in Music File but the ringtones i downloaded wont show up when i do:

1.) connect cellphone to pc and do data storage

2.) click My Music

the only songs there are, are teh previous downloaded ones..not the ones i wanted to delete T__T

please help?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi,

I've tried all of the suggestions on the Nokia website, contacted customer service and they came back with a generic answer that didn't work at all.

I played around and figured out something that worked for me.

The free, and horrible I might add, music is on the extra memory card in the phone rather than in the phones built-in memory. You are able to buy new memory cards that are totally blank and they need to work for this phone. So, point is, you are allowed to wipe out this memory card.

To do this, connect the phone to your computer using data storage mode. Then right click the "start" your computer in the lower left and choose "explore" You'll see that memory card as a D, E, F, G, or H drive. Click on it and you'll see a couple folders and one of them is full of the music. Make sure there isn't any of your own personal information in any of the folders on this drive that you want to keep. If it's a new phone, there won't be anything. If you had it a while, you might have some of your own stuff there. Back up anything you want to keep onto your computer by copy pasting it to your computer. Then when you are ready to wipe it clean, right click this drive and choose "Format" Click OK that you really want to reformat the drive. This scary process will wipe out all of the junk Nokia stuck on that card as a "freebie"

Worked for me.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

thanks man worked for me
xpress music rocks
Please use plain text.