Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

5610 playing music files with short cracking sound

5610 playing music files with short cracking sound

i have tried different convertion of mp3 either in variable or constant format from 128kbps-320kbps, while playback using earphone i can notice there is some cracking or pop sound in the background of the songs. the mp3 got no problem playback using my pc, is clean and clear. and the equalizer is set to normal. is there any other user having the same problem as mine?
Please use plain text.

Re: 5610 playing music files with short cracking sound

yeah. mine too. even when listening to the songs preloaded into it.
Please use plain text.

any way to fix it? is so irritating to hear those sounds. and there is no new firmware available yet.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

At the time of this post, there is no fix for this issue.

I myself am encountering this problem and I am greatly annoyed by this.

Nokia touts the phone as being able to produce "crystal clear sound", but this is hardly the case at the time of shipping.

Perhaps Nokia should have held of on the launch of this phone until it was able to deliver on its vision for a music phone.

As it is, the phone is an immense disappointment and has greatly tarnished Nokia's reputation in my eyes.

In time, Nokia might release an update that will address this issue. But for me, the damage has been done. Because of this issue, I have been introduced to other brands of phones and will most likely not consider Nokia for any future phone purchases.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]
im using this phone right now...the only cracking i hear is in speaker of the phone...when i listen mp3 with my earbuds i hear no cracking.
are you guys using nokia earbuds? i think they are not soo good for listening to music...i use different earbuds and the sounds are great

Message Edited by monodark on 01-Jan-2008 04:44 PM
Please use plain text.
Contributor

The cracking is there, alright, even with the new firmware V 04.81. Keep on working, Nokia, there is a lot to do!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Same problem here (and my headphones are fine). A small crackling sound every once in a while. I'm very disappointed, since I brought this phone hoping it could replace my MD player. Is there any hope for a fix??
Please use plain text.

hi,

well, the software update, reduced the cracking sound a bit, but it's still there... sad:\ i hope nokia is working on this issue.
Please use plain text.

I myself have the same problem in my phone...it has been 15 days since i buyed this phone...when i listen to the songs on the loudspeaker,,,i always hear a cracking sound like ket,ket,ket...
i m really irritated with that sound...but i do not hear that on the headphone....that irriating sound feels like there is a big bug got stuck inside the phone and he keeps on irritating...
this sound even comes when i am talkin to someone using loudspeaker...
i really feel like throwing this phone in the garbage
and i even updated my phone with the v.4.8..
but still no solution
have anyone out there got a solution for this...
help out buddy plzzzz
Please use plain text.

and hey u know wat i have noticed one more thing
that when i m listening to the songs in the music player..
and if the volume is at level 1 instead of full volume..
and when i pause the song while playing at sound level 1
the same cracking sound comes again just once and when i play it again and then when i pause it again it comes again..
i think theres a problem in the loudspeaker itself instead of the phones software...
what do u guys think abt it...
reply me..
Please use plain text.

well, yours problem interesting... 'cause those "sounds" are only when i listen thru the earphones. the loudspeaker is ok.

as for you, maybe your loudspeaker is damaged. but this is just a suggestion.

for rest of us, the sofware is the issue. we're all waitting new firmware from nokia.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

hmm, where are you all located? Im in Singapore but i doesnt experience any cracking sound with the phone (4.81 version)
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I'm in Finland. And they just started another ad campaign for the phone with "Rock your world" as the slogan. Grrrrrr!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

same here in estonia =)) add is everywhere now=)))
Please use plain text.
Advisor

but u do have the problem ar? the cracking sound thingy
Please use plain text.
Advisor

with earphones its not cracking...but the speaker does. i think its not the firmware problem...its just phone speakers are not for listening to music=) and u people should get used to the cracking...i had se 530i before nokia 5610 and se cracked too when i played music on low lvls=)... so i gues for me its not the end of the world like most others would say=))))
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

i have found that my 5310 is ok i bought a decent pair of earphones for it and use all my tracks converted to m4a 64kbps and get crystal clear mp3 sounds

i am very impressed with the handset in all
NokIA 5310XM V5.81 - 06-02-08 - RM-303 - 8GB microSD
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have the crackling sound too. I'm so disappointed! Going to speak with the online store I bought it from how likely this is a problem they will care about. Afraid they will just say they can't hear any crackling noise. And if they do what can they do about it? Maybe I will get a new phone with the same problem hehe. I have always had Nokia phones but this will be the last! Never Nokia again!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

updait firmware...might work for you...try it first...then blame others...=))
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have the newest forgot to say that... ;P
Please use plain text.