Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Albums missing when connected to computer.

ajch81

Albums missing when connected to computer.

I (unfortunately) recently installed the Belle OS on my C7-00. I have all of my music on a 16 GB Micro SD card, and have had no problems in playing the music on the handset.

There are 126 albums currently on the Micro SD, however when I connect the phone to the laptop and try to play the music through Windows Media Player, it only shows 7 albums in total. 

They are the same 7 albums every time, and the same result is shown whether I choose the 'file transfer' or 'Nokia Suite' options. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

hi mate,

have you transferred the music to your device in the first place by Syncing thru Windows Media Player. i know that at times WMP is slow to refresh what is synced, and what music you have on your computer, so i believe that is the reason why the music is not showing up. You can try syncing with WMP again.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
ajch81

I ripped the music (from CD's) using Windows Media Player, then basically copy and pasted the files onto the Micro SD. I didn't use WMP's sync feature because I have found it to be unreliable most of the time.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Not the best at sync either I have found too, but I don't think you have much choice here unfortunately. there used to be an excellent app that downloaded album art for your music on your Symbian device named CoverUp, but I believe that app has been pulled from the Nokia Store and is no longer being worked on by the developer :smileysad:.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.