Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Downloading only at 64 kbps???

NitishKadwal
Accepted Solution

Downloading only at 64 kbps???

Im using x6 16gb and downloaded around 50 songs and were at high kbps ratings. But now suddenly the application is downloading songs only at 64 kbps. When not logged in app shows high bitrate of a particular song (192-256) but after logging in, it shows bitrate of the same song as 64 kbps???? Plz help
Please use plain text.
NitishKadwal

what happened? No reply? Plz help anybody.....
Please use plain text.
Contributor
AKSHAYI

Hi nitish, me also having same problem , i found out today morning when i downloaded , its very frustrating . Advertising as a music millionaire . And providing low bitrate songs is of no use , we can get better songs than this for free in internet .
Please use plain text.
NitishKadwal

yeah pity on nokia services.... But wht's the sol? Does anybody know?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
AKSHAYI

Try contacting nokia care through ask nokia online service , even i'll also try , they will replay through email . Hope to get back original quality in songs , otherwise 'comes with music' is of no use .
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mallikarjun1000

Nokia Is Cheater.I have send 6 emails to them but each time they suggest useless things like that check your internet settings and they give frustrating reasons.They are saying that there may be a problem with network provider.How idiots they are!Nokia care wale keh rahe hain ki jo song apne download karen hain wo low bitrate ke hain kyuki unka bitrate hi low hai hamne kuch nahi kara songs ke saath.They are frauds.My blind faith on nokia is now over.Nokia is cheating indians
Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)
ThreeOs

Hi all,

Sorry for late reply.

Songs come as 64 kbps when downloaded through mobile. When downloaded with computer, using either Ovi player or web browser, bit rate is higher.

-ThreeOs

Please use plain text.
NitishKadwal

That's not true!!! What bout those songs which i've downloaded at 192 kbps through my phone.... How can this change happen???
Please use plain text.
ThreeOs

@NitishKadwal - That's the information I just received about the current setup. When I have more info/details I'll let you know.

But currently the way to get higher bit rate songs is that downloading is done using computer.

-ThreeOs

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mallikarjun1000

but before few weeks songs downloaded through mobile were of bitrate192kbps.Then why now,only 64kbps?
Please use plain text.
ThreeOs

Hi all,

Coming back to this ... reason behind this change is simply to better serve our customers whose only option is to download via mobile in 2G.

And ... option to download higher bitrate songs via PC is still there.

-ThreeOs

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mallikarjun1000

Is there any way to download songs at 192kbps from mobile.If not than implement it if you want to serve your customers better atleast for those who use 3G or wifi.
Please use plain text.
ThreeOs

@mallikarjun1000

Currently there is no option to select (or get) higher bit rate songs from/via mobile ... but thanks for your feedback - I'll forward it to music team.

-ThreeOs

Please use plain text.
prasannkhant

please make option to download ovi music songs of 196kbps bit rate via mobile.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
chandannayak

They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

How is this serving the consumers anyways? Why on earth would i listen to a low bitrate song after paying so much for you best phone?

The entire ovi music thing is broken! I have spent 2 hours trying to download an album but the darned software messes it up. IT fails at every single song I have tried downloading today. Also You geniuses have virtually eliminated the option to download songs over the air.

Great work guys. The entire nokia experience is so tragi comic, it is really sad.

Does anyone really give two hoots about consumers? does anyone even test the services before rolling out?

Btw, do you offer refunds in India?

You do not reply to emails, the support staff at the service centres are clueless. Whom do I have to chase to get my issues resolved?

I guess at this point I dont care. Youve had my money for the last time.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nelson1712

Try closing all other programs in the background that could be using your internet connection and try downloading again, you should be successful this time.
Please use plain text.
sunny_pirate

[ Edited ]

Can you reenable the higher bit rates in India please. There is 3G here now and its boring to  listen to songs at 64kbps

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
choees

This is not a better service, Music at 64kbps is **bleep**! Please provide an option to download at higher quality from phone as well...

Or you should mention it while selling ur phone, that you cant download the music at good quality!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
808pureview

I think the 32/64kbps with the phone download is AAC format, but you can still download @256kbps with Nokia Music Player on PC.

I wish Nokia could provide 256kbps AAC just like Apple itunes store.

But in anycase, Nokia providing DRM free 256kbps mp3 unlimited download for one year with a phone purchase is simply great.

Please use plain text.