Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E71 just went dead after upgrading

Registered Member
karindef

E71 just went dead after upgrading

[ Edited ]

Well, I´ve stopped crying ´cause it did´nt help...

I plugged in my phone to the computer via USB and clicked on upgrade. It started and I left for a coffee. Came back and my phone was dead and the computer said it was a old version of OVI (changed it yesterday, so it wasn't that old) and that I ought to upgrade it and try again.

Yeah, well, I can´t start it now, it makes a buzz and then nothing more and it goes totally black again.

YES, I´ve tryed to press 3 * answerbutton and the on/off button simultaniously without any luck. Sometimes it starts (with the screen turning greyish) but then nothing more and it shuts down totally again.:smileysad:

HELP!

I don´t know what I´m supposed to do tomorrow and for the next few weeks....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Re: E71 just went dead after upgrading

Hi, I suggest you remove the battery and the memory card. Insert just the battery after one minute and try to boot it. If it boots try with the memory card again. If it fails you will probably have to format the card.

If it does not turn on, try another hard reset without having the memory card installed. As you may know the phone memory will be wiped doing it, but there doesn't seem to be any other choices.

One thing though, your phone didn't run out of battery during the update? If you're not sure, try charging it for at least 15 mins - if it will charge of course.

If nothing works and you cannot get it back to life you will unfortunately have to visit a Nokia care point to get it fixed.

As you've already tried getting it back to life but not succeded I guess this thread by psychomania: /t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Recovering-from-a-failed-firmware-update/td-p/398147 isn't too much help, but if you get it back to life it gives some really good advices to what to do trying to update it again. It also provides you with the links to find your nearest Nokia care point.

It's worth reading. And make sure you do the hard reset correct as you will have to depress the key combination, hold those buttons in, push the power button, keep holding those three first keys in and keep holding the down until you're past the Nokia Handshake logo screen.

Good luck!
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Timeopp

Re: E71 just went dead after upgrading

I have the same problem with my wife's E71 working fine until I update it last night now when it is switched on all I get is the word Nokia. I have tried a hard reset using the keys but with no luck, this seem to be a very common problem. Have emailed Nokia support but not had a reply as yet.

Please use plain text.