Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: How do I delete music files in nokia X2-01?

Registered Member
TakenJudge

How do I delete music files in nokia X2-01?

How can I delete those proteced music files in Nokia X2-01? Those are the files that are already in the phone when i bought it

Please use plain text.
Sage
Love1526

U can't delete them..because they already protected by nokia..but why do u want to delete them..?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
TakenJudge

Because i don't like them, and whenever i copy some neww songs i have to manually add them to the playlist and sometimes i missed some of them. If i can remove those songs i don't have to create a playlist anymore.

Please use plain text.
bbhausa

I hate such a protection. They hog the memory and reduce the value of Nokia X2.
Nokia should please, create an application or link for the complete deletion and burning the undesirable elements, ko?
Please use plain text.
bbhausa

I hate such a protection. They hog the memory and reduce the value of Nokia X2.
Nokia should please, create an application or link for the complete deletion and burning of the undesirable elements.
Thank you Nokia for connecting people.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Gautam009

Yes you can do it ..!
1. Remove memory card.. (by this you'll easily know the files that are in phone memory)
2. Menu > Music > My Music > All Songs
Now delete the files you wan to delete by the delete button !
You can delete the music files only from here. Its not available to delete them from gallery... :smileywink:
Tell me If you know any software that will read PDF in X2-01 or any other file format epub .doc ... any format
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
derrick3

i dont need them at all
Please use plain text.
WiseGeek7

Mee too, I don't need them.
Please use plain text.
WiseGeek7

I can't delete them, the delete option is greyed out.
Please use plain text.
Srksaleem

Hi! To delete copyrighted files in nokia you just need to create duplicates of them. For instance if you want to delete the Nokia Tune.aac you just need to copy a file from SD card to other folder in SD Card and rename it as using BlueFTP or UC Browser's file manager as "Nokia tune.aac and copy another file to that folder in sd card now mark both files and and move them to the folder which contains Nokia tune.aac now you will be notified "1 file not moved file name already exist" now press back and go the ringtone folder in phone memory and highlight the nokia tune.aac file press option delete thats it. To delete apps and games first of all you need to create a backup file, goto settings>sync & backup>create backup>mark appsandgames press done. Own open BlueFTP App goto memory card>backup files folder there you'll see backup000.nbf rename it as "backup000.nbf.zip" now open it and goto predefjava>predefappsandgames there you'll see folders named 'ovistore_ovistore_private' this is the actual file name of nokia store app now write down all the folder names which has '_private' suffixed, now close the backup file. Copy 2 image files to sd card and rename 1 file as ovistore_ovistore without '.jpg' and close BlueFTP App and goto menu>apps>sd card and rename the ovistore_ovistore file by adding '.jar' extension and mark both files and move to my apps folder you 'll be notified as 1 file name already exist, now goto my apps and highlight nokia app store app press options and delete.
Please use plain text.