Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: How to record FM radio

Ex-Administrator (Retired)
michaels

How to record FM radio

[ Edited ]

Some of our members have been asking about FM radio recording, a feature that is available in a small number of Nokia phones, so here is a quick guide:

Which Nokia Phones support FM recording?

• Nokia C1-02
  • Nokia X2-02
  • Nokia X2-05
  • Nokia 110
  • Nokia 112
  • Nokia 113
  • Nokia 114
  • Nokia Asha 200
  • Nokia Asha 201

Is FM recording available everywhere?

Due to legal restrictions in some countries, FM recording is not available on all variants of the phone models mentioned above. The feature is available only in phones sold in the following countries:

Bahrain, Bangladesh, Brazil, Brunei, Cambodia, Chile, China (Mainland), Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestine, Panama, Paraguay, Philippines, Singapore, Syria, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Uruguay, Venezuela, Vietnam and Yemen.

How do I use FM recording?

1. Ensure that you have the wired headset connected to the phone

2. Select Menu > Music > Radio to open the FM Radio.

3. Whilst the radio is playing, select Record to begin recording.

4. To end recording, use the same button to select Stop.

5. After recording, you will be prompted to enter a name for the file. You can type the filename of your choice or just keep the suggested name. When you are ready to save, select OK.

6. To play back recordings, use the left-side button to select Options...

7. ...then scroll down and select Recordings.

8. Choose the saved recording that you wish to play then select Open.

9. During playback of your recordings, you can pause and resume the playback by pressing the navigation key.

Why does my Nokia C1-02, X2-02, X2-05, 110, 112, 113, 114, Asha 200 or Asha 201 not have the Record option?

If the Record option is not displayed when you are listening to the radio, this means that your phone was manufactured for one of those countries where the FM Recording feature is not available due to legal reasons.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
spthosar

Hello,
Which of the following Nokia Mobile phones you have mentioned do not require any antena to switch on FM Redio?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Hi Spthosar,

The phones that according to Nokia have a built-in FM antenna (thus not requiring the use of earphones to act as a FM antenna) are the Nokia X2-02 only, on that list. There have been a few other models over the years that also have a built-in FM antenna, but I can't remember which ones they are off the top of my head.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
spthosar

Thank you Adrianhughes :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

No worries Spthosar. If you do decide to go ahead with the purchase of such a Nokia handset, I hope you enjoy the phone and your experience with it :smileyhappy:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
asha200_spec

i am from egypt and i don't have FM  recording in my asha 200 ??

i suggeste make this feature available in a new software update ..

there is also some specefications ..here on the site about asha 200 that dosen't exist

such as Sequence mode in camera

i hope all this missing features provided soon ..so i won't feel decieved..

thanks

Please use plain text.
Ex-Administrator (Retired)
michaels

Apologies for the delay getting back to you, asha200_spec, could you please confirm the product code of your Asha 200 phone so that we can check this?

The Product code is a 7-digit code which will begin with '05...' and may contain numbers and letters, you can find it on the product label inside your phone's battery compartment.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jeniferflxs

Thanks a lot ..:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
thusithkb

There is a way to record FM radio from your phone if there is no recording feature. First you have to download and install bellow software to your mobile. Goto
m.getjar.com
and search as sound recorder. If your phone model is supported with that software you will be able to get it.
Then start FM radio and turn on loudspeaker . After that your above software you can record.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
NDAWE

[ Edited ]

I just bought Asha 201 and i dont have FM recorder too. How this can be repaired.

My product code is 059k4f9

P.S. Updating thru phone and restarting didnt help.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
NDAWE

Also reinstaled the software thru nokia suite still no recording function.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Where are you from and from where did you get this phone ? Did you read the OP (Message 1) which gives Where this feature is available  ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
NDAWE

[ Edited ]

I`m from Bulgaria and bought the phone from one of our mobile operators - Vivacom. I will read the OP right now :smileyhappy:

Edit 2: Oh Bulgaria is not in the list, that explains everything...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Oenvironment

Iam in egypt and bought the phone from i2 and the recording is not working for radio
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
janse

I am sure there is no restriction in Czech Republic law to record radio for personal use. Sometimes I record radio plays and discussions, so I can listen to it later when I have time for it. I thought, Nokia will help me to make life easier. But it didn't, I am disappointed with Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Migara

Hi!

I'm using NOKIA ASHA 306 smartphone.

When I use Radio recorder, the files are saved in .AAC format which can play on my mobile but not on my PC.

I tried to convert them to another format (like wave, mp3, etc...).
This .AAC file format is not recognized by Audacity or VLC media player / Media Player Classic.
How can I convert these .AAC files to a more common audio format that my PC can read and work with?

Alternatively, is it possible to use Radio recorder to record in a different, more common and editable format?

I appreciate your suggestions on how to convert recordings of Radio recorder.

Sample of recorded audio

Thanks!

- Migara \m/

Please use plain text.
Ifat

plz help....... my asha 200 has no fm recording option........... product code is 059J4L3
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
emmyjack87

No fm recording feature in my phone. Any software update for fm recording? I use nokia 200. I'm in Nigeria.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
harypax

I'm in Tanzania and recording option do not appear on nokia asha 200,what to do?
Please use plain text.
musica

Where did you purchase the phone? As mentioned on the above post of MichaelS,

Why does my Nokia C1-02, X2-02, X2-05, 110, 112, 113, 114, Asha 200 or Asha 201 not have the Record option?

If the Record option is not displayed when you are listening to the radio, this means that your phone was manufactured for one of those countries where the FM Recording feature is not available due to legal reasons.

Final Banner
Please use plain text.