Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to remove corrupted music files?

How to remove corrupted music files?

I had a list of music files in my gallery. I wanted to remove all, then i marked all n deleted but then it shows me 'System Error'..

so i tried to deleted them off through memory card. Files deleted but still appears in my gallery. Tried to delete again but this time it shows Files Corrupted.

pls, I need some adviseon how to completely remove them.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: How to remove corrupted music files?

what phone have you got

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.

Hi Jimmy.

Sorry, I've forgotten to state down my phone model.

I'm using a Nokia 5800 Xpress Music.

Any idea how to clear it?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi, I've go the same problem but anyone can help me...
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

My new 5800 had the same problem.

I fixed it like this:

- first used the Content Copier in the OVI suite to backup the memory card.

- then go into the FileManager application on the phone, select the memory card and then under Options->Memory Card Options select "Format". This will wipe all the data off the memory card.

- Then I restored the memory card from the backup using the ContentCopier again (otherwise you end up losing all the Nokia Maps)

- Switched the phone on and off again.

- Going into the music player, it came up with a message like "Looking for music files" or something.

- Once this had finished, all the working music tracks were back in the library but the corrupt ones were gone.

No other problems that I can see after doing this.

regards

Message Edited by lameplanet on 06-May-2009 06:11 PM
Message Edited by lameplanet on 06-May-2009 06:12 PM
Please use plain text.

lameplanet, thanks for help... my corrupted files are gone n the new ones are in.

thanks... : )

Please use plain text.
Sage
blackpearl

There was indeed an easy solution to solve this:smileyhappy: But i didn't notice this and now i'm late.
Anyways the easy solution for this is-

Restart your device and then refresh your library. If this doesn't help then;
Connect the phone to your pc/lappy and put in 'Data transfer' mode.

Find the memory card storage device in My Computer and go to the 'Private' folder (Hidden Folder).

Delete the contents of folders 101ffc31 & 101ffca9 (mpxv1.mpd,pcv5.mpd & harvesterdb.dat)

Disconnect the phone from the PC using 'Safely remove hardware' bottom right of the taskbar then start Music Player on the phone.

It'll rebuild the library but select 'Refresh' in the options just to make sure.
You can mark my posts as useful post by giving me kudos..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

thank you blackpearl. solution works great.

you can remove the same file you mentioned (101ffc31  ) directly from your device:

1- go to file manager 

2- press on Memory card. press find. (root folder opens).

3- search root folder and delete file.

Please use plain text.

i have same problem , but on N97 , and  dont have folders which u write to delete . . . plz help me
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

My 5530 got the same error, those deleted music could not be wiped out from the library.

Anyone can help?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
psx21

Thank you so much black pearl. figured it out for my n8. was driving me nuts! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
psx21

i have found a way to solve this for n8...

(i dont have the phone with me so im doing it by memory)

-plug n8 into computer via usb cable.

-select mass storage (if not datatransfer) on phone by pressing where its says usb when u first plug it in. or bu pressing to right near battery sign.

-open up on computer so you can the phones folders.

-open the 'private' folder.

-then delete the folder that begins with 101 and is at the top of the screen. (i think i remember it has an 'a' and '9' in it)

-after deleting go down a few folders and press them to see whats inside. after openig them to see what the files names are called inside you will come across a folder that has the files name 'mpxv1' and 'pcv6'. delete these 2 files but dont delete the 3rd one that is i there.

-safely remove hardware (if cant its ok, dont make a difference to me anyway)

and then go on to hone and they should be gone

- click refresh library just to make sure

-that should be it. orry for the vague instruction but you will be able to work them out.

this fix definately works

Please use plain text.
Contributor
smashbox_23

You Sir.....are a legend!!

It took me ages to figure this out and no one from Nokia was able to help. 

I have been a long loyal customer for a good 10 years now. I've owned 3210, 3310, 6310, N82 and now the N8. I am an anti-iphone guy but seriously Nokia you have to sort these basic problems out with your software otherwise you really will lose your share in the market. 

I didn't believe the reviews till I got one myself but the N8 is a great phone but the software really lets it down just like the reviews say but I would still choose this over the iphone any day!!

Thanks for your help peeps

Smashbox

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Krish84

Hi guys,

I am fine with all your replies. But i still feel this is not the way nokia prodcuts should be developed. This is high time for Nokia to sort out all these issues. Particularly when some one gets a 5800 or N 97 or a N8, people invest in them to get a rich experience and facing problems with "music" in an "EXPRESSMUSIC" literally makes me feel bad for the choice which i made. This is not a one time problem but the problem often gets repeated. I am sick of doing all this and i had to do a hard reset for 3 times in a span of 18 months. This is not the quality which a consumer like.

Please use plain text.
Sage
shoubhik

i think it's more of a memory card problem than phone problem.. Use a 4GB or 2GB card, i used it for over a month and it ddnt give any problem.. But with my 8GB card, it always gives this problem..
And whenever i get this problem, i put my memory card reader or attach n mass storage mode to pc and use checkdisck to check for errors.. Invariably there are errors and these are solved.. Then device runs properly again..
Regards,
Dr. Shoubhik
Please use plain text.
uttam_purohit

Hi, I am using N97 mini, but i am unable to delete corrupted music files, i had follow the deletion of files from two mention folders but this couldnt help me out, anyone pls help on this....

Uttam

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
didgemixz

hi, im using c7 and i tried following your steps but i cant see any folder named "private", i double-checked all the folders i have in my phone nothing there, and i dont have a separate memory card, what im using is mass memory, can you help me with this one? i deleted all the songs in my library and it is still showing the "Unknown"  album which is corrupted,.. 

im just sad whenever i'm trying to use the video editor app, the songs are not appearing :smileysad: can someone help me?? pls?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dscissorhands

psx21....

at first i wanted to SCREAM because your solution didn't work.

but then i realized i missed the last part:

I only deleted the folders but I forgot to delete

" 'mpxv1' and 'pcv6'."

Now it works!

I love you! :smileyvery-happy:

Not in a gay way... not that there's anything wrong with that. lol.

Thanks!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
renatenata

I have a Nokia 5230 and i followed your instructions but the only files i found that related to your instructions were:101ffc31>harvesterdb.dat
which i deleted but still didnt fix my problem. Can you help me?
Please use plain text.