Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to transfer pictures from mobile to pc?

Registered Member

How to transfer pictures from mobile to pc?

i've nokia 6630 and used the pc suite and all, transfer is done but no pictures on pc. no bluetooth on pc so have to use usb. think it's pc suite 6.4.8 dunno wat tat is really. However one pic tat was sent from a friend to my mobile via bluetooth came up on pc but the rest did not. Whenever i open the transferred files, only that one pic comes out. Please help.... Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
manta

Re: How to transfer pictures from mobile to pc?

You have quite old version of PC Suite, I would update it first. Check www.nokia.com/pcsuite for new version adn try with that ?
Please use plain text.

hi
i dont know how you got into this mess because it should be a very simple operation but not all nokia pc suits are compactable with all nokias so i think first you should find the nokia pc suit that lets you acess other features **bleep** you pc and if so than you know for sure that it's the right one
if so than try drag and drop from nokia phone browser
i'm sorry it's all i know and i hope my little nolege helps you
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
manta

21-Apr-2006
01:10 AM
smit wrote:
i've nokia 6630 and used the pc suite and all, transfer is done but no pictures on pc. no bluetooth on pc so have to use usb. think it's pc suite 6.4.8 dunno wat tat is really. However one pic tat was sent from a friend to my mobile via bluetooth came up on pc but the rest did not. Whenever i open the transferred files, only that one pic comes out. Please help.... Thank you.

Hi, if you still are using the old version of PC Suite (6.4.8) you should open the PC Suite, select the transfer files option, it open your Windows Explorer and if you have the folders view selected, you can see at the left hand side your computer and different folders like my documents etc. I should also see Nokia PHone Prowser and under that your phone icon. If you click on that phone icon, if should open a view that you can see your phone memory and memory card also, if you have a memory card (MMC card) inserted into your phone. If you click on phone memory or memory card again, oyu should see images folder and under the images folder you should find your pictures. Now highlight the pictures and drag and drop them into a folder you like in your PC side. Only after that the pictures actually are in your PC.

Other alternative is to upgrade your PC Suite to version 6.80.21 that is available now and works with your phone as well as over 90% of Nokia phones.
The new version has improved file trnsfer speed and it also has a new application called Image Store (I think Image Store was not in 6.4.8 version) which lets you store and organise your pictures into your PC in a similar way as digital cameras normally do.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chonette

I can't remember how I gtransfered photos from my Nokia to my pc, I did it once with a bluetooth but can't remember now and I am in a muddle any help would be appreciated
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Download and Install the Nokia Suite on your PC. Then depending on which phone you have, you may either connect the phone to PC thru' bluetooth or USB Cable. Then open the Windows Explorer and search for the files on your phone thru' it. Then Copy - Paste to the desired folder on PC. You may also open Nokia Suite --> Gallery and SYNC the photos thru' the tab provided at the bottom next to the Phone icon ..

Please use plain text.