Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

MP3 player supporting pause/resume

MP3 player supporting pause/resume

I listen to Audio Books, and with tracks 60mins long I need to be able to pause the song, and resume listening hours or days later. I have the N73 and with the nokia music player if I pause the audio and exit (with exit button or the red hang-up button) when I go back into the player I have to fast forward back to the place I was.

I can leave the player running in the background while the audio is going, but if you pause and get out the same way it actually closes the app.

Does anyone have any suggestions of software that may support this?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
el_loco

Re: MP3 player supporting pause/resume

I believe there are third party apps that allow you to bookmark.

Try researching LGJukebox or CorePlayer to see if they have these features.

Go to Handago.com or other symbian or S60 software retailers and see what other players are available.

640K Should be enough for everybody
El_Loco Nokia Video Blog
Please use plain text.

Re: MP3 player supporting pause/resume

Hello! I found a workaround here:
/discussions/board/message?board.id=smartphones&message.id=88560&query.id=253182#M88560

Find the track/album you want, click options, then song details, then set Library to podcast.

Confirmed working on an N78.

It's baffling that the music player doesn't have this option as a default for all songs. The cheapest, crappiest mp3-players all support it so why shouldn't the nseries have it? Truly strange.
Please use plain text.