Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Move Nokia ©ringtone from MY 6230i to MY N82,p...

Counsellor
dohouch

Move Nokia ©ringtone from MY 6230i to MY N82,possible?

There is a ringtone on my old,trusty 6230i which I like to hear first thing in the morning, I use it for my alarm clock tone.

I've tried moving it to my new N82, but it's not willing to be moved.

So is there any way that I can get it, maybe Nokia has a distribution method for Nokia owners who've become attached to the ringtones on their previous phones.

The tone is "bloom.mid" which I have found in a Nokia tone collection on the net, but even though it had the same name it wasn't the same tone. I have recorded it with built in voice recorder on N82, but it sounds rough, not very musical. Sound recorder is reall for speech. Realy!

thanks
PC:Win7 SP1 64Bit,Nokia Suite: v.3.6.36
Phones:
808:059M934 - SWv.:113.010.1507
N8 :059C5Q8 - SW v. 111.040.1511

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Move Nokia ©ringtone from MY 6230i to MY N82,possible?

Nokia tones that come with the phone are copyright and usually cannot be copied. However if you connect your phone to your pcsuite you may be able to play and record it using the sound recorder on your pc. I have never tried it but don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dohouch

It has been solved in a non technical way, another post I had elsewhere resulted in someone uploading the tone I was after.

In PC suite file manager, u can find the tone, but u really can't do anything with it, u can't play it, u can't move it, as far as I can see.

As I posted, it's the alarm tone I've been using for over a year, and it pleasant to have a wake-up call that is soothing, and not annoying.

Thanks anyway
PC:Win7 SP1 64Bit,Nokia Suite: v.3.6.36
Phones:
808:059M934 - SWv.:113.010.1507
N8 :059C5Q8 - SW v. 111.040.1511

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
android

[ Edited ]
m8,

If you really wants that tone all Nokia original tone can be found www.gizmogates.com

Message Edited by spanishtaco on 26-Feb-2008 02:21 PM

Knowledge not shared is knowledge wasted!

If you find it helpfull, it's not hard to click the STAR..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ivoz

after connecting the site, what should I do ? me too want to get bloom.mid on my new nokia device ...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

If its a Nokia original ringtone, you cannot send these over to other devices as they are protected files. Same thing applies to Nokia themes etc, they are also protected.

You can always Google for other alternative ringtones or whatnot.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ivoz

i just to pass from my old nokia to new one .... should nokia allow me ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

As I said, if its a built-in ringtone into your phone that is by Nokia, then no it won't let you because the file is protected. There is nothing you can do about this mate.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ivoz

first of all, I just want to say to you "thank you"

secondly, I would like to ak to you "what does it mean built-in ? is that it is in the firmware ?" otherwise, i don't understand why Nokia (notice: I say Nokia, not "me") doesn't want to publish it, or simply "sell it" to me, as a customer of Nokia !!!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
_pvn_

Build-in meaning, its the default Nokia ringtone. Our 'trademark'. Therefor this tune is only for Nokia devices. 

Hope this is more clear now :smileyhappy:

If this post has helped you to solve this issue, please press the "accept as solution" icon. Kudos would always be appreciated.

pvn
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ivoz

unfortunately IT DOESN'T and get me more and more confused

I will try to formulate the question in the more clear way I can

(it's not the question of my life, but let's try to end the story)

I own an old Nokia device provided with my preferred tone: bloom.mid

I would like to know if I can have that tone on my new Nokia device, that, now, is E5-00

Should I need to send to Nokia the specifications of my E5-00 device and get the tone to be played on (and only on) my E5-00 device ?

many thanks (really ....)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

We have already answered your question mate. NO, you cannot transfer the protected (by Nokia) ringtones onto the other phone as it is protected. You can try contacting Nokia Care yourself and see what they say, but their stance will be the same as ours. Sorry that this is causing you such inconvenience.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ivoz

ok, many thanks for the answer

apologize if I didn't catch it before, surely because my not full familiarity with English language

Please use plain text.