Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Music Media Library Update Issue

Dwenson

Music Media Library Update Issue

I have encountered this issue on my N8 phone Media Player. I have upgraded the memory and copied all folders and file from old SD to a new one. Then library was refreshed during first use. List of music are still there at the Music Player but it wont play. I have check the actual files using my PC and also using the File Browser of the N8 and all my music still exist. I tried playing the music via the browser and it plays.

I changed the location of the music file and the library refreshed again. Now, duplicate of music exist on the music list - one plays while the other other one don't.

I added new songs and the library was again updated. Newly added songs plays and has no duplicates. I think the manual refresh of music library:

1. Does not check if the music file still exist.

2. Retains old list of files even they were already removed.

3. If the song ID tags (album, artist, etc) were updated, the software does not recognize the changes.

4. Does not remove list of deleted files - not smart enough..

This should be updated. Shall we left this duplicate exist forever or we have to reformat the memory and lose apps?

This issue was already raised by a lot of users - including the issue of sorting of albums and artist. Artist and Albums are two different things, it is not always true that albums features one artist only or vice versa. It should a separate list. Its so hard to find a song if you don't know the artist or album. It don't even have search option (manual text entry).

I hope updates are available ASAP. Since the Anna update this issue become worse. Are the Nokia guys reading these forums? This can help improve the software programming.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Satokeny

Same issue for me

I change my microSD memory card and when I tried to modify IDv3 Tags of mp3 Music Library doesn't update informations

I tried also to delete all library into Nokia Suite and Add Folder Control for music, but still with same un-updated files

Nokia suite is last version

it could be interesting add apps control, in order to void to redownload everytime single apps after restoring OS

Windows 7, Nokia c6-01

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Satokeny

Founded solution in other forum.

We have to rename a DB

/t5/Nokia-Suite/Ovi-Suite-3-Music-library-refresh-problem/td-p/904283

IS NOT a SOLUTION :smileyhappy:

Nokia Suite needs an update :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Dwenson

Guys Im referring to Device Software and not the OVI suite. Refresh of library on phone does not help updating the library of device..

Please use plain text.
Sage
jim64

Connect N8 to PC as mass storage, open drive with music (E mass memory or F memory card). You may need to have view hidden folders enabled in windows explorer.

This will wipe N8 music library databases, which will rebuild on refreshing:

Open private folder.

Open 101ffca9 and delete DAT file  harvesterdbv10_2i.dat.

Open 10281e17 and delete DB files [101ffc31]mpvxv3_3i, [101ffc31]pcv6_1i, and [102830AB}thumbnail_v4.

(Just delete the files, not the folders).

Now disconnect from PC, restart phone and refresh music library. Gallery may also refresh.

Please use plain text.
xINFERNOx

I found the solution, in RomPatches is a patch named "UnlockFileManager(No_D)" Desactive it or delete and restard the phone :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.