Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Music stops after one track (Lumia 920)

Counsellor

Music stops after one track (Lumia 920)

Hi,

I have had this problem since the start (4 months ago) with Nokia Lumia 920. When I start music on the Nokia Music application, the first track goes normally smoothly, but the player stops to the beginning (0:00) of the second track. The playback button feezes to "II" i.e. "pause" button, and pressing it on and off again does not start the playback again any more without closing the Music application. This does not occur every time, but about 90% of the times I try to listen to music: both my own and mix radio.

Please use plain text.
Employee
elinahlberg

Which verison of Nokia music are you using?

Make sure to use the latest version. You can upgrade Nokia music from the Store.

------------------------------------------------
http://www.nokia.com/support
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

Version 3.8.12.731. I have done all the updates suggested by the phone.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I got a new update this weekend, now version is 3.9.15.759.

Still problems. First the playback seemed to work, but the music stop after a single track (even though I had selected the album, not track, for playback). For a few tracks, playback was possible by pressing "pause" and then "play" after each track (on the pop-down playback menu). Then playback stopped and could not be restarted, even when I selected a new album or restarted the Music app.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

This might relate to Bluetooth controls. I listen to music using my Nokia BH-221 headset, as I find cables unconventional (but like to have a FM receiver). If I do not use Bluetooth, the music playback seems to work fine.

Could the problem be that the play/pause etc. controls available at the headset interfere with Nokia Music on Lumia phones?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

The newest WP8 upgrade that made possible Bluetooth connection to a PC. If I use the PC as a Bluetooth speaker and remote control, the playback seems to work nicely. Is this a BH-221 issue?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I tried using BH-907 (not very good for music, as is only one-ear) just to see how it works. The playback continues nicely.

So I do think this is a BH-221 issue.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ontapbjt

I have had the same issue first with my 822 and now with the 928. It happens when using bluetooth in my car while playing offline mixes. It does not happen when I use a wired headset.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
garrems

I've had the 928 for about a month now. I have just started using music via BT and am having the same issue it pauses after almost every song. When I've been using a wired headset up to this point I have not had any issues.
Please use plain text.