Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 After Anna update , Music player issues

Arunc
Accepted Solution

N8 After Anna update , Music player issues

Hi, After updating to N8 , I find the list under "Artist and Albums" has changed. Earlier (before the update), I would see all songs of a album grouped under one place , but after the update , for most of the albums , it shows as individual songs. So if I need to play songs from a single the album , I need to create a playlist !!! Is there a better way ? Also the music player does not list the songs downloaded from OVI Music anymore, but if I go via a file manager to the location and play them one by one it does. Tried to refresh the library, did not help. Added a couple of songs and tried to refresh the library, did not help. Any tips on the above will be of help. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
ajlpro

Re: N8 After Anna update , Music player issues

Hi

I got the same problem. After update the music library was "corrupted". The phone updated library, but after that there were no albums shown - single tracks only. Also if I try to select a music genre, the phone informs "out of memory".

I have around 750 songs in the mass memory and some 600 more in the memory card. If I remove the memory card music library update works and albums/artist view works. But if I put the memory card (8MB) back on and update the library, it fails again.

And in addition to that, the image gallery is also corrupted.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
krisq

Sorting has changed. You need to fill out Album Artist and Composer in mp3's ID3 Tag to make things sort properly again.
Please use plain text.
Arunc

Thanks. I do have the album and artist info on the Tag and still have this problem.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
krisq

I'm no talking about Album and Artist fields. It's Album Artist and Composer. Very often these two fields are not filled with info.
Please use plain text.
Arunc

Thanks. I have most of the tags filled. Not sure if I missed the trick, I need all the songs with in a album listed as one entry. Is there a way to do it ? Could not find any literature on now the new sorting works, if you have any links , please pass on. 

Any idea about why the songs downloaded from OVI music are no longer list after the anna update.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
krisq

I've had exact same problem with Eminem album where there were few tracks with 'Eminem feat.' in the Artist field. Anna broke that but once I filled Album Artist and refreshed the library, everything was back to normal. Use TagScanner to check if you really have it filled.
Please use plain text.
Arunc

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sbs_pat1

Re: N8 After Anna update , Music player issues can not download !

Hi ,

After I updated the OS on the phone Ito Anna, I am getting the following message. Pl help! Regards

You can't use this mobile for unlimited downloads.

Your mobile is already registered for unlimited downloads. If you are trying to activate a new unlimited download subscription PIN you need to use the new OVI music Unlimited edition mobile that came with it.

sbs

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Sjoeter

got that same problem with over 14gb of music on my phone. am i supposed to chagne that all?

pleas fix it as it was couse this "solution" is no solution at all it just a workaround. make an option to only display album and ignore the artist. or release the old player as stand alone player so i can use that.

3210, 3310, 8310, 7250i, N95, N95-8gb, N96, N8
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jamie0411

Yeah it is a stupid fault and is rather annoying ! Im tempted to go back to the old software ! Is it really that hard to make a fix for it ? its been over 2 months :/

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
johnwarps

Has anyone got an answer for this as yet? I have lots of compellation albums and the music player now breaks each track down as an individual so I cant play the whole album?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
johnwarps

Ok, so as has been suggested in another thread, it appears the only option is to go back to where your music is stored eg Itunes or MMP and click on info for eack track and change the Artist to 'Various' or something else of your choosing. At least then any albums with mixed artists will stay as a single album
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kenyb21

Unacceptable!  I WISH software developers would stop breaking things in attemps to improve them.  WAY more complicated than it should be.

I love the hardware my N8 offers, but Nokia is killing their product with poor software.  I've owned only Nokia phones to date, but I don't think my next phone will be Nokia.  Best of luck to them...

Please use plain text.
ultim8er

Why do people get upset when new technologies and softwares are bn made instead of gettin used to it? If u are having a duplicate copy of artists and album on your list, then it shows u v been lazy getting your tracklists organized, especially if u have a pc (pls permit me to use that word. Am so sorry). One thing u should know is, your album tracks will definitely scatter all around if a single letter is wrong. For example, ''Usher - Here I Stand'' album is different from writing ''Usher - Here I STand'' ( note d character changes). Also there is need for ALBUM ARTIST cos there ar so many albums with same names and different artists. Had about 7 albums like dat, sincerely without ALBUM ARTIST, all the 7 albums will merge and dat ll be annoying. I ve always kept all my music files on my laptop in order. The name, artist, genre and album artist plus the album art. The solution to your music library is simply tryin to fix and correct all the necessary tags on your pc. U can always edit them with Windows vista/7 default music player, or get an mp3 TAG for pc, with that u can automatically download all the necessary tags plus album art. Please remember to always give the exact same album name and album artist names to the all music in the same album. If u update your music well with album art, the u ll love it when scrolling through your albums in d music menu. also u can play all songs by artist/album by openin d N8 search application and typing the specified artist or album name and then tap PLAY ALL. Hope i was a bit helpful. (sorry if i missed any spellings, it aint so easy typing with N8)
Please use plain text.
ultim8er

Also i will like to add... If u download music from OVI or u cant find your music files in music player, make sure your your music files are located in E:\music on mass memory or F\music on memory card. Best of luck guys.
Please use plain text.