Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 Music Player problem & can't download & install...

Rich_Kav

N8 Music Player problem & can't download & install apps.

Hi, 

I've had an N8 for a while and had been enjoying it however that has changed some what after my Music Player function started endless repairing corrupted files and then searching for files and pod casts. I have tried removing the files and reinstalled them, reinstalled the firmware and even had a new N8 phone which does exactly the same.

I have tried to download other apps to play my music on a differnt app from Ovi store and found out that it won't let me install the apps to the phone despite having downloaded the Lloyds tsb app previously to phone just minutes before.

I like Nokias, i've had one for 16 years, I have very high loyalty to the brand, I put off my upgrade for 6 months so that i could get the N8 rather than the i phone or Galaxy s2 that were being offered to me. 

Please Nokia, how can i make this great bit of hard ware work the way it should.

Rapidly losing the faith

Rich   

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Re: N8 Music Player problem & can't download & install apps.

Hey Rich_Kav, Welcome to the Nokia Forums.

You can install betalabs version of store which might help you with your store problems.

Please be sure that your music is from a reliable source as it sounds as if you may have a bug or virus in your media files if it has occurred on two seperate N8's

I suggest maybe trying to download a security app from Nokia Store, to run a scan on your phone and be sure that it is clean.

I hope this helps! Looking forward to your reply.

Sheldrick

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.