Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 NOT DETECTING HEADPHONES/HEADSET AFTER BELLE UP...

payag03

N8 NOT DETECTING HEADPHONES/HEADSET AFTER BELLE UPDATE!!

N8 NOT DETECTING HEADPHONES/HEADSET AFTER BELLE UPDATE!!

I just updated my n8(anna) to belle this morning)when i try to use my headset.its not detecting anymore.i tried already other heaphone but still the same PLEASE!!!!!!!!!HELP!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tamal424

Re: N8 NOT DETECTING HEADPHONES/HEADSET AFTER BELLE UPDATE!!

Even Mine headphone are also not detected after belly update - " show up some error messaeg" Headphone not supported

Please use plain text.
payag03

Mine no error message just not detecting

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
subrit03

I am also facing the same issue. No error message. No notification.

Any ideas..??

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Hi all,

Please have a look at this thread. Hope it helps you with this issue!

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
wabiko

Same situation - no detection, no error message. nothing change by restarting the headset. Solution needed urgently
Please use plain text.
FrankieHR

[ Edited ]

same problem.. very annoying

+ some video formats that phone could play before it can't play anymore.  Everything worked perfect before, I regreted thousand times that I did upgrade..

I tried soft and hard reset, nothing helped..

If someone have some idea, help ! 

Moderators notes: Unauthorised methods of downgrading are topics which are not allowed on the forums.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
akshaydogra

same thing with me. my n8 does not recognise my speaker set anymore, it used too on anna but not on belle. it does recognise the headset provided with the handset.

p.s- their is nothing wrong with the speakers, they work fine with my other c6-00 . just not with n8

Please use plain text.
FrankieHR

it's really frustrating how nokia developers do nothing for us that have phones screwed up after update..  I think nobody of us need phone that can't have headphones connected.. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ibra992

same issue here !
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
malerocks

I am facing the same issue on a Nokia N8 and a Nokia 500. A bug fix is required.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
marchitect

same problem here. I bought a nokia n8 a month ago, upgraded it right away to belle and the earphones never worked. nokia better fix this problem soon and not wait for the next major upgrade...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
amithrag

Can live without anything in phone but it is a waste if hands free which is basic functionality is gone on toss. why are admins or moderators not responding to this thread. will it be ficed or is there something that can b done to fix it? please plese tell us folks. This phone is pretty expensive from place where i come. almost 3 month's salary of an average graduate.

MODERATORS, ADMINISTRATORS, NOKIA.. please listen to us.

Your E class Mercedes Benze has lost one of Lost one of 4 wheels after your company serviced it....

Please use plain text.
aayushtandon

Dear Jampe

No, it doesnt help at all. Ive tried hard resets as well as soft ones. Even tried different headphines, and a set of working speakers with their own power source. Nothing works, as this is definitely an OS bug. Please help.

Please use plain text.
jan7

I have the same problem with my C6-01 after updating it to belle. But there's one difference: The nokia headset with microphone included is working, whereas the headphone without microphone does not work anymore. Before updating to belle, that difference didn't matter. Any solutions?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
asm21m

I am also facing the same issue after belle update 1) Whenever the headset is connected, 50% of the times it does not detect the headset 2) The same thing happens for another headset as well 3) when used for any call, the other person cannot hear my voice clearly, it appears very remote Nokia Team - we really need to a quality update to belle to rectify all such issues introduced to N8..it is becoming difficult to compromise with the ever increasing list of issues and regretting our decision on belle update Request for a solution please..
Please use plain text.
nickssamp

Hey guys! After many days of continously searching for a solution and spending money I have found something that works 100% for my Nokia X7 Belle.
I tried all types of headphones but nothing worked. So I went out again and bought the Nokia Bluetooth Headset BH-111.
I tried it and it works perfectly! Trust me guys its work buying!
Here's the link - http://www.nokia.com/global/products/accessory/bh-111/
plus its easy to use!
Please use plain text.
jurko

Hi,

I had the same problem (N8 not finding the bluetooth headset after upgrade, no error, just doesn't see it).

Problem solved by resetting the headset to the pairing mode (see headset manual, usually holding the button).

Please use plain text.
Contributor
n8jgb

Remove the N8 from it's protective case (if any), plug the 3.5 jack all the way in until you hear a loud click, it should work then.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Apoloman

I have also recently updated my N8 to Nokia Belle and the earpiece was being detected for a while but now it has stopped detecting my earpiece altogether. Please help me out with a solution. Thanks. Regards.
JAA-BRUNO
Please use plain text.