Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97 Album Covers

Counsellor
Stuntman

N97 Album Covers

I have 2 phones:  Nokia N97 and HTC Desire Z.  With both of these phones, I transfer the music from my PC to them by connecting them via USB as USB storage devices, I then copy the music files and directories onto both phones.  On my Desire Z, the album covers appear on my music player.  On my N97, they do not.  I'm sure that the album cover info is copied over to both phones as I noticed files in addition to the MP3 files are copied over.

How do I get album covers of the songs to appear on my N97 music player?

<\
\>tuntman
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Stuntman

Is there an app that can allow album covers to show?

<\
\>tuntman
Please use plain text.
Sage
andycoydwilson

Try optimising with ovi player on pc, failing that use an app on ovi store called cover up.
Good luck!
If this was helpful please click Star for Kudos

Phone history :-3210, 3100, 3200, 6230i, N73, N95-8GB, N97, N8, Lumia800, Lumia920, Lumia620, Lumia820, Lumia1020
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Cover up is here

http://store.ovi.com/content/99720

You can do it manually  following this guide

/t5/Nseries-and-S60-Smartphones/Album-art-in-Music-Player/ta-p/948321

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

For album covers to appear on your Nokia phone, they must be embedded into the file, and not simple associated with it.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Well I tend to embed mine anyway to save having lots of photo's on the phone, but AFAIK if you add Album Art on the handset using the Music player to attach from a photo on the handset it is just 'Associated, as if you remove the photo, the art dissappears ? But I'm not technically experienced to know if this is correct or not ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Its associated via the phone (SYmbian OS), but I havent experienced Symbian being able to read PC made associations.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Stuntman

carman58 wrote:

Cover up is here

http://store.ovi.com/content/99720

You can do it manually  following this guide

/t5/Nseries-and-S60-Smartphones/Album-art-in-Music-Player/ta-p/948321

I didn't realise Cover Up works on S60.  I thought it was S^3 only.

<\
\>tuntman
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

If it doesn't work on S60 I appologise , just trying to offer a simple solution, as I've never had an issue with Album art I've never used it, only read favourable reviews ! Still find easiest way to add album art on WMP then add album to phone, but people should try whatever they like and use there preferred method !

Please use plain text.

I cannot open the 2th link
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

No it was an experimental section of the forum where articles and tutorials could be posted, and it has been removed, sorry :smileysad:

Please use plain text.