Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5200 Music player

Nokia 5200 Music player

Hi im having a problem with my music player.

i open it up and it says staring music player but then seys updating library then goes back to sayin staring music player and then updating libray. how do i solve this problem so i can use the music player
Please use plain text.

Re: Nokia 5200 Music player

i have a similar problem.

I don't use the pc software "music manager" or pc suite or whatever (I DO have the drivers and stuff to make the PC recognize the Phone and I know i have to constantly "Update Library"). I select "Printing and Media" mode on the phone and use Windows Explorer to drag and drop .mp3 files.

In my case, the first problem was it would only play one file. I would try to play some other song, it said "Please Wait" for 30 seconds and started to play the same song again.

Couple of days after that, it started take really long to "Start Music Player" and also to "Update Library". And it was showing (and not playing) songs with wrong artists and album names, like:

"Do It Again [a song by Beach Boys]
Amorica [an album by Black Crowes]
Daft Punk"

Now i have to listen to my files trough the phone explorer ("Gallery") , which means the lights will be on all the time when music is playing, I won't get acces to any other phone function while music is playing AND i can only listen to one song at a time, I'm not able to just make it play a whole album or folder and leave it in my pocket....

That's driving me crazy. I bought the phone 3 months ago...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

take the memory card out format it and put your data back into the memory card and update the music player it works fine after
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
nj15

Make sure the phone does have an adequate phone memory space (about 500kb or more) or else the music player won't correctly as it is.

Other solutions might involve:

- Formatting the memory card

- Restarting the phone - take out the battery for a couple of minutes

- Firmware re-installation or update

:smileywink:

Hey i'm having exactly the same problem!! did you resolve your problem? i'm going to try some of the suggestions on here. I had a problem reading & sending texts. I charged my phone longer then usual and now it's ok. It kept switching itself off aswell. I've only had my phone 7 months
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

i have the same problem, it has been plaguing me since the dawn of the ages,

i have to spend everytime to get it fixed at a NCC,
buying this phone was a big mistake
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hi all i have the same problem like dannij and I try to restor to fabrik,take out the bateri wait 10 min and put itt back,format the memori card,update the software and still itt doesn't work,still gose like updating library and when finish itt starts to update agen..I left him like 4 hours like that in hope that it will finish the update but its going over and over...do you have some solution for this Prob???
Please use plain text.