Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 5800 Music Sync Problem

Sage
aronpresley
Accepted Solution

Nokia 5800 Music Sync Problem

[ Edited ]

It's been about 2 weeks after I got my 5800 and within 1 week I found out the media button stopped  working so I took it to the Nokia care center and they reinstalled the firmware and gave the phone back (media button still didn't work) but when I tried to Sync the songs in from Nokia Music It said 

"Relicense Error

Unfortunately you cannot transfer Comes With Music tracks to this device. They can only be shared between your currently registered mobile device and PC. If you still wish to transfer these tracks between unregistered devices, please buy the music from Nokia Music Store. To do so please select 'Purchase Music' button in the menu in the Account area.

When starting the transfer, please make sure that you only have your registered mobile device and no other players connected to your registered PC. "

then I took it back again then they Replaced the cell Phone every thing works great except that the music still doesn't still sync and give me the same message as above. ???? 

Message Edited by aronpresley on 15-Apr-2009 06:44 AM
Nokia 3230, Nokia 6255i, Nokia 6500s, Nokia N72, Nokia N95 8GB, Nokia 5800 XM, Apple Iphone 3G
Please use plain text.
Professor

Guidance is given in Music store FAQ:

"I was given a replacement device because my original was broken. Now I am unable to transfer my Comes With Music tracks to this new device

Contact Nokia Care and make sure to include your Comes With Music username and the IMEI number of your new device.
To find your IMEI number, enter *#06# on your mobile device"

Please use plain text.
Employee
elinahlberg

Hi!

If you are not a CWM customer, the problem can be solved by formatting your memory card. Make sure to packup content from the memory card first.

Cheers,

elin

------------------------------------------------
http://www.nokia.com/support
Please use plain text.
Sage
aronpresley

Hey thanks guys it syncs now, I don't know how but it happened the day before, but well the new problem is I cannot Download music now ...oh well, Let's see what happens..
Nokia 3230, Nokia 6255i, Nokia 6500s, Nokia N72, Nokia N95 8GB, Nokia 5800 XM, Apple Iphone 3G
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Maximnexus

Hi there...

One of my cust experience the same concern we did alot of trouble shooting but still the same. we also tried to reformat the m,emory card and do hard reset for the phone and then we also completely uninstall and reinstall the Nokia Ovi Player but still the same, I also advised the cust to sign in to his CWM account using the phone he can sign in and then download as well as play the song he can also transfer it to the PC and play it there as well but when we tried to download new songs using the PC and transfer it to the phone still the same error message... so what I can suggest is for the cust  to call the careline a give all his/her account information and the phone information....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is based wiht my own experience and it has nothing to do with the Opinion of the Nokia Company...

Thanks and a happy New Year.

"If you think this post is helpful, please click on the green button"

Please use plain text.