Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 6085--HELP!!

Nokia 6085--HELP!!

[ Edited ]
My daughter dragged me into the 21st century by gifting me with a phone. Now I have ventured further into the future by purchasing a new phone of my own. This Nokia 6085 is sweet but I am having a terrible time trying to figure out 2 things with it.

1. How to pair up my bluetooth. The manual is no help. This has me baffled...

2. How to download my music from itunes to the mmc/sd memory card and play them on my phone. Just pretend I am a kindergartner who needs help from the very simplest beginning. Help me somebody smart, as I have been searching in vain...

Thank you in advance--whomever you may be!

Moderator's note: Email address removed.

Message Edited by concordia on 25-Dec-2008 10:41 AM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
patc

Re: Nokia 6085--HELP!!

[ Edited ]
Re the pairing, the details kinda depend on what you're pairing with. If you're talking about pairing with your PC in order to transfer music, then you can do it via PC Suite: select the connect a phone option, select bluetooth and follow the instructions - effectively you'll be prompted to enter a number on the PC, the phone will then prompt you to enter the same number and voila: you're paired.

Once paired, in the bluetooth menu on the phone, I'd select the connection and set it as authorised via the options (sorry: not sure of the options as I don't know which operating system the phone has). That way you won't have to go through the rigmarole of providing numbers again.

With the phone paired, you can then either use Transfer music / Music manager to rip CDs, create playlists and transfer files to the phone or you can use Windows Explorer to locate your music files (easiest is to use search on the iTunes folder which I think is My Documents\My Music\iTunes) and copy and paste the files to the phone (preferably the card on the phone). Its not too important where they go on the phone, though there is an obvious directory, usually called Sounds (though it may be different depending on your phone's operating system).

Using bluetooth to transfer music is not a great solution though as it's VERY slow. A data cable is faster, if you have one. If you connect in Data transfer mode rather than PC Suite and use Windows Explorer, that's faster again. Fastest is to take the memory card out of the phone and use a card reader.

Note that if the music comes from iTunes it *may* be DRM protected in which case it won't play on your phone. To get around this, you need to use iTunes to burn a CD containing the tracks you want, then rip the contents of the CD back into iTunes (or Nokia Music Manager or Windows Media Player).

Message Edited by patc on 08-May-2008 09:54 AM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Nokia 6085--HELP!!

I've been trying all day to put music on my Nokia 6085 and nothing works. It says it's connected in a non-compatible mode and when i try to connect i use a cable, but it says my phone is in file transfer mode and can't be used with PC suite. I've tried changing the connectivity to both Nokia Mode and Data storage mode and nothing works. please help!
Please use plain text.