Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 6131 camera problems

Registered Member

Nokia 6131 camera problems

I got a Nokia 6131 on upgrade last week, and all was fine for a few days, but now my camera does not work. When I select the camera option, the screen opens up with all the camera options, but the screen is white instead of what is usually the view finder.

After a few seconds a message comes up and says "operation failed" then says "camera on standby".

It does this whether it I try using normal camera or video, and even if i alter all the settings.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Keir
Please use plain text.

Hi i was just wondering if you got your problem sorted out with your 6131?

The reason i ask is that mine has also started doing this.

if you could let me know how you solved your problem i woulds be very grateful
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have the same problem too. The camera works when the flip is closed, but when it's open, one of 2 things happens (seemingly at random)

- Operation failed or
- File type not supported

This started happening a few months after I got the phone. I now have v5.50 firmware but it hasn't fixed it.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
patc

Probably a dumb question, but do you have enough memory available?

If you have been saving pictures to phone memory, you may have filled it to the point where there is no longer enough memory available to run the camera. Try moving your pictures (and/or music files etc) to the memory card. Alternatively, you could move them to the PC using the option to delete them from the phone.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

22-Feb-200711:55 AM
patc wrote:
Probably a dumb question, but do you have enough memory available?

If you have been saving pictures to phone memory, you may have filled it to the point where there is no longer enough memory available to run the camera. Try moving your pictures (and/or music files etc) to the memory card. Alternatively, you could move them to the PC using the option to delete them from the phone.

My camera is doing the same with the same error messages and I haven't used hardly any of my memory. I've got about 5 pictures on it. I tried deleting even a few of them but to no avail.

Does anyone please know what could be wrong.
Please use plain text.

I bought the 6131 for my wife a couple of months ago. Upon receiving the phone the Camera has never worked. Always the same messages:-

Operation Failed

followed shortly by

Camera On Standby

I put this down to not having any additional memory in the Camera.

So I put 2GB micro-SD card in.

Still exactly the same!

I checked to see if there were any software updates on Nokia for the Product Code and nothing doing.

Any suggestions - Apart from throwing it away?
Please use plain text.

Hi all

may be you can help me
I see the Nokia 6131 saves the pictures in the directory
Galery/Pictures.
How can I store the pictures have taken by the 6131
in the memory card ?
thanks in advance.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
nj15

Camera>Options>Settings>Image/Video Storage and set it to memory card.

Make sure the memory card is inserted:smileyhappy:

Maybe it's not a proper Subject for my qestion, but I also have 6131 camera problems, but of another way. Since I bought 6131 all the fotos are with tints of green. I set the following Image quality>High, Image size>1024x1280 - the problem still the same. The colors are better when I set Nightmode on, but still greenish. What's the problem? Can you tell me?
P.S. I do not pretend to get high-quality professional fotos :smileyhappy:, but to get everything like in jungles with crocodiles is annoying.
Please use plain text.

Dear patc,
I have 5 mb free phone memory,then also my mobile camera is giving same error "operation Failed"......can pls guide me or help me to solve the problem of my mobile.......
Please use plain text.

Hi,
I am also having same problem "Nokia 6131 camera problems"
if u have got any solution can u pls help me
Please use plain text.

I had the same problems with my 1GB memory card. After saving some games in it, the memory card stops accepting any new information until I format it and restore the contents (which takes very long)
Then, the memory card accepts new info for some time (usually short) and then the problem appears again.
When the memory card is not accepting new info, the camera can't save new photos into it and shows the message "camera on stand by" when trying to use it.
I'm not sure if the problem is with the memory card but this has happened several times already.
Until finding a permanent solution, the temporal solution is formating the memory card.

Efren
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi,
I have had the same problem. I bought it new and the camera never worked. I took it into the nokia repair centre and they have ordered a replacement one for me. I was told by someone that there were a batch of bad ones made, with that problem. If it's still under warranty it won't cost anything. Just take it back.
Please use plain text.