Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 6350 media player

Registered Member

Nokia 6350 media player

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a Nokia 6350.  I like the phone, no issues except one:  Does anyone know if there is a way to close the application?  I see no button or method that actually turns the media player off.  I can get it to stop playing music, but once the player is turned on, I see no way to close it out all the way.  If anyone can clue me in, I'd appreciate it!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
no1_slumko

Re: Nokia 6350 media player

Is there Exit option not there when you click Options?

I've heard of some phones where the music player can't be closed, someone once said this about the N81

Come to think of it there is no way to close the music player on my 5200 either I think thats just the way the phones are programed. It makes it easier to open. :smileywink:

It seems like a feature of Nokia phones that have dedicated music keys. That'a the main thing I see in common in phones where this has been reported

Show your appreciation. Hit that kudos button real hard
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Thanks for the feedback.  :smileyhappy:

I double checked the options menu, but there is no exit option anywhere.  I feel better now that I know it wasn't some silly mistake on my end. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

If you press and hold the red off button while the media player is on it will turn the player off and display a message to that effect. also to pause the player press the center menu button.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cullopm

By pressing on the red button, yes it does stop the media player, but again only as a pause mode, not a stop mode. I tried it out, I started a song, then pressed the red button until it said it stopped the player, then closed the cover and pressed the play button and it started the song where it left off.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
WAgrannie

I found a great way to disable the external media player button.  Spackle over with Devcon contact cement, let dry, then apply 2-3 coats of clear nail polish.  That puppy won't be bothering you again.

Please use plain text.
dosfera

now i understand this is an old thread but hopefully this might be helpful for anyone else looking for solutions to this annoyance-
I found the phone will automatically find a folder with songs in it to play, so by making a three or so second long recording of silence using the phone's voice recorder, and then saving that recording to an empty folder (options>add folder), and then playing that file, the phone will play only that file from that folder whenever the front button is pressed, instead of playing through your music or ringtones
If you want to listen to other music on the phone though, playing another song would tell the media player to base itself in whatever folder has your songs, instead of the folder with the silent file in it, so once you were done listening you would have to play the recording of silence again to re-base the player in that folder.
It not only works, but it wont void a warranty like using contact cement :smileytongue: i give WAgrannie credit for creativity though
Please use plain text.