Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia MixRadio – the NEW Nokia Music

Ex-Administrator (Retired)
michaels

Nokia MixRadio – the NEW Nokia Music

Did you notice something different about your favourite music app for Windows after the latest update?

It’s got a new name, a new logo and new menu screens. And it is not just the Windows Phone 8 app that have a new style, but also the Windows 8 app and the website music.nokia.com is now mixrad.io.

Change is good, but can sometimes be difficult, so we have anticipated some questions that you may have:

Why is there a smiley face on my phone?

That’s the new logo, hope you like it  :smileyhappy:

What is Play Me?

It is a personalised mix inspired by your unique music profile.

Where is Store?

By swiping to the third screen you can search for an artist or album. When you hear a song you especially like while listening to the mixes, you can click on the title of the track and get straight to the product page where you download it. (Downloads are not free!)

Where is Personalise?

Play Me is replacing the personalise feature. Make sure to add lots of artists you like to “favourites” to make it more personal!

Is MixRadio+ the same as Nokia Music+?

Yes! The benefits are still the same and your current subscription will continue without disruption.

Anything else on your mind? Discuss!

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ugura

Also do not forget to use Play Me computer scanner (PC app) feature to create a Play Me mix in seconds :smileywink:

The silence will fall
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ananthshenoy

Dear Mr Michaels,

I am from India where I have Nokia Music Unlimited subscription. Kindly let me know if song downloads continue to be free if we update to the new MixRadio app ?

Regards 

Ananth

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ugura

Is MixRadio+ the same as Nokia Music+?

Yes! The benefits are still the same and your current subscription will continue without disruption. 

I guess this is a YES

The silence will fall
Please use plain text.
Employee
elinahlberg

@ananthshenoy: As long as you still have an active unlimited downloads subscription, upgrading to the MixRadio should not affect this. If you are currently using a very old version of Nokia Music, you may need to sign in again after upgrade so make sure you remember your username and password

------------------------------------------------
http://www.nokia.com/support
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ananthshenoy

Oh thats great.. Although we will miss the music store option. Kindly please bring back the store option so we can download new music/top songs section.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
manojmatouria

But it is not working after update
Please use plain text.
Employee
elinahlberg

The store is still there, it just looks a little different :smileyhappy:

If you swipe to the search screen you can find music from there by searching for artist, track or album. If you need some inspiration you can download music from the mix you are listening to by clicking on the title of the song while it is playing.

@manojmatouria: can you explain what is happening after the update, why isn't it working?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
chatsthecrazy

Why did music.nokia.com shut down in India?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ugura

Is there a way to clean up mix radio history and reset PlayMe profile? Or am I looking for a feature that doesn't exist yet?

The silence will fall
Please use plain text.
Contributor
RockingBoy

Nokia has officially ramp down the Nokia Music service on system/PC, so the link music.nokia.com has discountuned now.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
SamiJii

Play Me is a great feature! Is it coming to Windows 8 app too? It would be great to be able to play personalized mix on my laptop connected to stereo system, too. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mythsram

Where do i find the top songs/ albums in this new version?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
chatsthecrazy

Srry no option for top albums/songs but you can still search. But one thing the update is awesome!
Please use plain text.
Ex-Administrator (Retired)
michaels

Our colleagues in the MixRadio team have confirmed that NMU India is now available only via your NMU-registered phone, the web interface is no longer available.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
chatsthecrazy

The recently announced Asha 500 series also supports Nokia Music so how will this change be implemented in them?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
TallTomD

The new app stinks!!! The old one was much better at finding local gigs. That was the best feature and now it is missing. Also, the new app seems to just play music when I open it. I don't want that because stopping the music is a pain.

Bring back the Gigs feature based on location!!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Bhagyash

I am not able to download or play any song in this nokia mixradio. Previous benefits are not available.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
annnup

how can i get a music voucher no online, becoz the site u refer is now not a valid site
Please use plain text.
Employee
elinahlberg

Hi

Can you specify whch URL takes you to an invalid site?

The oxicash site works for me: http://www.oxicash.in/recharge/nokia-music.aspx

Thansk,

Elin

Please use plain text.