Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia Music - concerns about some MP3s not playing...

Ex-Administrator (Retired)
michaels

Nokia Music - concerns about some MP3s not playing in the latest Nokia Music app for WP8

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

In response to comments by some customers concerning some tracks not playing in Lumia 520, 620, 720, 820 and 920 models following the latest upgrade to our Nokia Music app for Windows Phone 8, we have received the following message from the Nokia Music team:

Since the latest version of Nokia Music for Windows Phone 8 went live on 2nd April, we’ve had a number of reports that users are experiencing problems playing tracks stored locally on their device (MP3s).

This appears to be related to tracks that are missing metadata, for example: do not have a Song Title or Artist Name. These appear under “Unknown” in the My Music views, but cannot be played. It also affects the Shuffle All feature, which works correctly until Nokia Music tries to play one of the problem tracks, at which point playback stops.

Note that playback of Mix Radio, both online and offline, and playing tracks purchased from the Nokia Music Store, do not appear to be affected by this issue.

We are looking into this as a matter of urgency. In the meantime, users experiencing these issues should update the metadata of any affected tracks using an application such as Windows Media Player, and then re-sync them to their device.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DStin

Re: Nokia Music - concerns about some MP3s not playing in the latest Nokia Music app for WP8

I am having problems even with tracks that have title, artist, etc. meta info that have been copied from p.c.

Very frustrating.

Just deleted Nokia Music and reloaded, same problem.

Would like to use iHeart Radio, but that's not an option for WP8 yet.

Also, the mix choices are sometimes bizarre, for instance - request mix for Johnny Cash and you will get lots of rap or other junk. Yes, Johnny did some stuff by 9 Inch Nails, etc., but that wasn't his primary style.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
CarlosAF

Re: Nokia Music - concerns about some MP3s not playing in the latest Nokia Music app for WP8

Hi everyone!

Michaels, did you have any news about this issue? My Nokia Lumia 820 has this problem with music information.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
JariPK

Hello!

The problem seems the same as mine. Lumia 620 and CK-600 car kit blue tooth connection.
Listening to phone speakers I have not noticed this happening.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Scotth70

My purchased album of soggy bottom boys will not play displaying error code c101a24f very irritating hard earned cash
Please use plain text.