Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Music on Windows Phone 8

Counsellor
buddler

Nokia Music on Windows Phone 8

Hello,

I just wanted to know where the music search feature is, or why it is not implemented yet.

I currently own a lumia 820, have a 64 GB sd card inside and ca. 6000 songs (30 GB) on it. It just makes no fun to scroll a list of 300 S-interprets just to get to know it's not a S-band, but The S-band.

Improve it please! It doesn't blend with the global search idea on wp 8.

(BTW: the xbox music app lacks the search feature to and is even not able to list all artists properly:

compare:

https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=BBBAFF8A31A32891&resid=BBBAFF8A31A32891%21855&authkey=APmtiA6WH_...

and here

https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=BBBAFF8A31A32891&resid=BBBAFF8A31A32891%21854&authkey=AE9D3mi3hr...

Something is missing after Adham Shaikh...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: Nokia Music on Windows Phone 8

The music search function is there in both nokia music and Xbox music.

For Nokia Music, go into the app and select My Music, then press the # or the "a" buttons and it will come up with a list of letters highlighted. These are the artists that you have stored on your phone, tapping on it will take you to the Artist.

Same principle applies to Xbox music. It's all there mate.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
buddler

[ Edited ]

Sorry, but you didn't understand my question right. I know the "#" or "a" button, but as I already have written, I am tired of scrolling through 300 artists beginning with s.

We need a search function similar to searching your phone's apps or in the marketplace.

Typing "sugar" and you get anything from "brown sugar" to "Sugarbabes". Even my old hard disk mp3 player manages to do that.

What both apps currently have, is nor search function, it's simple listing by letters.

And why do both apps deliver different results?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Ah I see now. Sorry for the confusion.

Hmm as such I don't think there is any solution, and I don't think there are any apps available at the moment that would help you either.

As this is a user to user forum only for Nokia products and services, your best bet would be to leave feedback directly with Microsoft....you raise a great point.....to leave feedback do so at the link below:

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
buddler

[ Edited ]

I wish that function at least for Nokia music :smileywink:

The appropriate uservoice-thread is here:

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/2286437-better-searc...-

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
warmth

Nokia Music seems to be having problems with the Nokia Lumia 820:

1. System locale changes: the app doesn't delete old offline radio files and duplicates the space used when the radios are resynced.
  2. microSD support: no matter if you select that new music must be downloaded to the microSD, it seems like Nokia Music still download the offline files to the internal memory.

The consequence is 3.7 GB of files that I can't delete and because of this my internal memory is full without  way to fix it.

Note: I can't understand why if the system is set to use the microSD, some files are still placed in the internal memory like artist information, covers, playlists, etc. using hidden folders in the main Music folder.

Current: Nokia Lumia 1020 [WP8], Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8] & Mango Natural STAR I9220 (N9770) [Android 4.1.1] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 925, 720, 820, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.
Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | ElGourmetUrbano.net, NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer
Please use plain text.
cg76839

I am trying to store all of my music on an SD card, but when I plug my phone in to sync it automatically puts everything on the phone and takes up all the memory.

I am spending more time deleting duplicate songs that actually listening to music!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
warmth

Some other Apps like Spotify have this problem too, they seems to be saving the main music files in the SD (if configured on WP8) but some temps (I guess covers, artist information, etc.) is still saved on the "Others" partition of the built-in memory of the phone. So offline songs won't be able if this memory is full even if you have tons of GB available on the microSD.
Current: Nokia Lumia 1020 [WP8], Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8] & Mango Natural STAR I9220 (N9770) [Android 4.1.1] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 925, 720, 820, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.
Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | ElGourmetUrbano.net, NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer
Please use plain text.
aleisha11

Please use plain text.
aleisha11

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hala_i

I have a nokia lumia 920. Is nokia music available in lebanon? and i read on your facebbok page about free nokia music how can i get that? thank you.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Hi hala_i

Thank you for posting and welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! :Cool:

You can download Nokia Music from the Store (formerly Marketplace) under Nokia Collection. It is available for those regions which are offering the Nokia Music services. If you can't find the application that would normally mean this service is not (yet) available to you.

Nokia Music is only available in certain territories, so if the SIM card which does not support the service, this option would not be visible when you open the application. However, if you log in with a Nokia Music account which Nokia Music service is available, then you would see this option.

If my post helped you, please don't forget to click on the "White Star" and if it resolved your issue click on "Accept as Solution" :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Asha 308 Nokia 808 PureView 
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anishbhat

I'm using a lumia 620 (bought from Saudi Arabia) and using the same in India. I cant see all the options on the Nokia Music app like offline songs, store and mix radio. I have the latest app on my device and I have never seen these options on my phone from the time I bought it (used it for a month in Saudi Arabia as well)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chaitzz

Download of music from nokia music store is failing on my Lumia 920. No proper messaging in place to understand the problem
Please use plain text.
AndrewD16

I have a Nokia Lumia 820 and am experiencing the same problem. It seems to duplicate the songs every time you play them ?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
buddler

Lots of people experience these problems, as you can read here:

http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-8/205464-duplicate-songs-when-sd-card.html

Please use plain text.