Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N8 won't add my music?

caroh

Nokia N8 won't add my music?

I'm having quite a bit of trouble with my Nokia N8. I've had it for about 3 months and everything is up to date,  but I'm having trouble with the music player because it's acting quite funky. I was able to add songs already once, but now I've tried to add songs again and it hasn't worked.

What I did is put my music in folders according to artists, and then I put it in a folder called "Music" on my mass memory but they haven't showed up on phone. Then I tried putting every folder just on the mass memory like I did last time but it still doesn't work. All it says while my phone is connected to my laptop is "Media transferrings" or something similar, but even after an hour it said that and I'm only transferring a few songs. I restarted my phone, but nothing seems to work.

Also, when I updated my phone, they added songs to my phone which I want to delete, but I'm not able to do it directly from my phone, and I can't find them anywhere on my phone when it's connected to my laptop. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Thundermax

Have you tried to update your music in "options"?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Did you try this open music player then options then refresh library?
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Try this !!

Try connecting phone in mass storage mode and select show all files, look in 'private on E and delete the files listed, has worked for me in the past !

Storage Drives: (Mass storage E, Memory Card F)

\private\101ffca9\harvesterdbvx_x.dat

\private\10281e17\[string]mpxvx_x.db

\private\10281e17\[string]pcvx_x.db

• TIP: Connect the device in USB mass storage mode (File Transfer), to locate the private folder from the PC.

• TIP: STRING and x_x will change depending on your phone.

After you've done this, then you should be able to re-scan and re-create the Music Library.

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.

Move your music frm received file to your musia album. Then go to your music player and refresh or update your album
Please use plain text.