Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia N81 8Gb music player

Contributor

Nokia N81 8Gb music player

[ Edited ]
I have a Nokia N81 8Gb. I have a big problem with its music player.
When I copy new mp3 musics, I can not find them in the music player list. I mean, the new music files are not added to music library.
It is very strange, but the option "Refresh" is not working, and when I select it, phone starts to refresh, and nothing is added to the library.

Can you help me ? Cause I hate symbian ! It's very poor OS :smileysad:
Thanks for help to save my phone from get out of crash :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by ilovese on 03-Sep-2008 12:53 PM
Please use plain text.
Sage

Re: Nokia N81 8Gb music player

Hi,
Maybe the new mp3 music files that you copied are
stored in other folders. Check the Music Menu
folders, you might find them there.
Regards.
Fattan
Please use plain text.
Contributor

No, all music files are stored in the same folder.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
el_loco

Music files need to go into Music or My Music

otherwise they are not found by the music player.

If the files are in these locations and you still can't refresh the Music Library then you may have a corruption in the Music Library.

If this is the case then the best option would be to rename the folder called Private in the Mass memory to Private_old or whatever.

Then try it again.

Also test that all the other applications are working.

In case something else breaks then you can restore the folder.

640K Should be enough for everybody
El_Loco Nokia Video Blog
Please use plain text.
Contributor

It doesn't work :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
el_loco

Your only other option would be to Restore Factory Settings but this will delete all your data so make a backup fist to Memory card or Use Content Copier in PC Suite.

Or take it back to a care service point.

640K Should be enough for everybody
El_Loco Nokia Video Blog
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hi, i facing the same problem as u list out. i ald format my phone and updated new firmware, but i still facing the refresh problem..all songs totally wont come out.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

NOKIA, WHERE ARE THE **bleep**IN SUPPORT AND PATCH FOR N81 ??????????? Cause V20.0.056 is mix of new bugs.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hi, i lovese, do u find out the way to settle your problem ald? i need your help too.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

mi too. i read lots of other posts, but there no answers
Please use plain text.

Hi! i`m having a problem as well with my nokia n81 8 gb after upgrading the soft. the music just doesn`t hear as lowder as before the soft update. can someone explain me what`s happening? thanks .
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Well i figured that when my music is recieved via bluetooth connection - the music player will automaticaly add it without having to refresh. The files are saved in the attachments folder of your memory card or phone memory.Thats the only way i can have my music files in music player.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hey. When I listen to music and I go into an application that uses network access, the music starts to make cracking sounds. It usually happens in MXit (instant messenger). It works fine when not using internet access.

Can someone please help me, because I am very disappointed with my N81!!!!

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor

After trying everything there is to try (formating my phone memory, updating my firmware), i decided to copy all my memory card data to my computer and format it - the devil was right there! My phone is as fast as new now and i can refresh my music and have everything to do with my player under my control. I'm hoping this will work for you guys and do scan your data for viruses before placing it back to your beautiful N81's.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Play hard do try and see if your mxit is on mute and clear your cache after browsing.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply.

I did it and still I am having the same problem. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor

from experience i've noticed that the nokia softwares are often messed up by some useless minor things from either the phone memory or memory card (especialy). Try formating your phone with *# 7370# but make sure you've backed up your data before this action, if it continues try the memory card. it should hopefully  be smooth after this.
Please use plain text.