Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia ovi player error 1722 during install

kavy1

Nokia ovi player error 1722 during install

Someone,

Tried to install Ovi Player and keep getting the following error message every time I try to install. Gone through the remove and try again option but no joy. Have also installed Ovi store and the music option cant see my music on pc.

How do I get around the error 1722?

"ERROR 1722 - There is a problem with windows installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. contact your personal suport..........."

Please use plain text.

Hi, i have the same problem, for a week now. Can't seem to figure it out

Please use plain text.
kavy1

Dont Nokia support monitor these questions and reply with a solution?

Or is the silence due to not having a solution.....only time will tell I suppose.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pantall

Re: Nokia Ovi player error 1722 during install

I have the same problem can anyone fix this?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
praphul007

Same problem..

Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action LAUNCH_NOKIA_MUSIC_INSTALL, location: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia Music Player\NokiaMusicPlayer.exe, command: /command:install "2057" "N"

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)
ThreeOs

Hi,

Here's what to try if you see this error message:

- uninstall current/older version of Music (or Ovi) Player (also if latest version is already partially installed - uninstall that).

- uninstall Nokia Multimedia Common Component

- download latest Nokia Music Player version to your computer - from here:

http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/nseries/phones/software/SetupNokiaMusic.exe

- locate file from your computer and start installation

-ThreeOs

Please use plain text.
Advisor
qubuqu

Remove the previous installations of "ovi player", "nokia multimedia components..." before re-install "ovi player" might help; this post:

/t5/Music/Problems-with-Ovi-Player-and-Multimedia-Common-Components/m-p/601071/highlight/false#M1357...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
meedo1

yeah! A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tingewood

Hi

I also have this 1722 install error message and Music Player 2.5.11021.00 fails to complete.

Having uninstalled the Ovi Player I have no Music Player at all :smileysad:

Have followed all of the troubleshooting steps outlined above and on the linked page referring to the earlier version. Have isolated the install files and run them independently, Connectivity Cable Driver, Connectivity Solution & Multimedia Common Components all appear to install OK both indpendently and using the set up file which auto downloads/installs....music player always fails close to the start of the install process.

Initially, I followed the update instruction offered by the original Ovi Player this stumbled in an endless loop stating "Nokia_Multimedia_Common_Components_2_5 is Preparing to install" eventually resulting in a 1722 fail. All uninstall/reinstall steps fail at the same point.

BTW OS is Windows 7 64 bit, Latest PC Suite, Software Updater & Nokia Suite installed.

Would value some assistance in resolving this....

Many thanks

Voyager Pilot

Please use plain text.
Advisor
qubuqu

... "Nokia_Multimedia_Common_Components_2_5 is Preparing to install" 

Nokia  / Ovi music player setup (v 2. x) program stalled at "section 3 of 4 of download & install".

stop or Kill the setup program : 2 windows might be - "nokia multimedia common comp..."  & "music player setup"

"Program Features .." of Windows, Remove programs: the music player  & "nokia multimedia common comp..." 

If Setup pgm. failed to remove pgm.

Delete the  ".. music player" directories under "Program Files" 

Download Microsoft 's Fix It  install & uninstall pgms & manually select "nokia multimedia common comp...2.5 ..."  & remove it.

Restart machine & Run music player setup might then work

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tingewood

Hi qubuqu

Thank you for responding.

To clarify I have (several times) attempted the following (using the linked post referred to earlier in this thread):

Uninstalled from Control Panel:

1.             Nokia OVI Player/Nokia Music Player

2.             Nokia Multimedia Common Components

3.             PC Connectivity Solution

4.             Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver

Then deleted initially:

·               NOKIA OVI PLAYER- C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Nokia OVI Player

·               MPLATFORM- C:\Program Files (x86)\ Common Files\ Nokia\ MPlatform

·               NOKIA DATA STORE- C:\Users\<<Windows Username>>\App Data\Local\ Nokia\Nokia Data Store

·               NOKIA OVI PLAYER- C:\Users\<<Windows Username>>\App Data\Local\Nokia\Nokia OVI Player

Repeated above uninstalls however subsequent deletion of directories as below (as neither Ovi Player nor Music Player directories are now present in C:\Users\<<Windows Username>>\App Data\Local\Nokia\ directory....most likely due to aborted install process):

·               NOKIA MUSIC PLAYER- C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Nokia Music Player

·               MPLATFORM- C:\Program Files\ Common Files\ Nokia\ MPlatform

·               NOKIA DATA STORE- C:\Users\<<Windows Username>>\App Data\Local\ Nokia\Nokia Data Store

Still get the 1722 error.

Above steps then repeated and also downloaded and ran the automated install/uninstall fix assistant from Microsoft (referred to both in your reply and linked post from earlier in this thread) at http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_​and_Uninstall

The automated program found no issues!!

I will try this again to uninstall Nokia_Multimedia_Common_Components_2_5......in fact I will use it to uninstall all 4 components then delete the directories once more and report the outcome.

Thanks for helping.

Voyager Pilot

Please use plain text.
Advisor
qubuqu

Hi Tingewood

Sorry ... followings might not help... but the symtoms were similar to ours ...

Well , not x64 platform

(1) 

>http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_​and_Uninstall

>The automated program found no issues!!

- Please try "select manually" button , the 2nd button bar, above which the "automated ... (recommended)", hope " Nokia Multimedia Common Components" could be found.

During fix-it processing, an error window of " Nokia Multimedia Common Components" 's uninstall program should likely be showed & behind the M's Fix-it windows (the same error window that woud be showed when trying to UNinstall the " Nokia Multimedia Common Components" at "Program Features ...". Press OK to quit the error window.

In my cases (just 3 to 5 xp / vista platorms, all 32bit Win.), music player was not able to uninstalled , yeah,  might be caused by aborted Ovi Music Player installation. However, uninstall it in "Control Panel" would at least remove the the "music player" from showing (Win. might prompt there's error found about the player installaton.

Once the " Nokia Multimedia Common Components" got removed in the "Program Features.." screen. Ovi music could complete the 4 components download & install.

(2) couldn't remember, certain nokia pgm might reside at "Program Data" or "All users\AppData\Local???\"

Just the "ovi music player" folder removed manually if plaer's installation had to be aborted or killed by tast manager

(3) pc suite , ovi suite, nokia suite might not need to UNinstall, just the "4 components". However, ovi suite / nokia suite might require to be repaired (at Add/Remove Program) afterwards

Good Luck!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tingewood

Hi qubuqu,

I have now repeated this process over numerous cycles, the issue appears to be the Nokia Multimedia Components as others have suggested.

Given that, I have now tried uninstalling using the automated MS Fixit from your post both utilising the auto detect & fix and manual fix options. The multimedia components cause an issue which the MS fixit can not resolve. Accordingly, I then used Revo Uninstaller to perform a more thorough uninstall. The other three programs were also uninstalled using fixit (to err on the safe side) and the directories noted in the linked post deleted before rebooting and attempting a further install.

Still no joy the installation failed at the same point and a further attempt to manually install music player once again resulted in the 1722 error.

The only remaining thought I have now is to uninstall PC Suite, Nokia Suite and Nokia Software Updater which I am reluctant to do.

Would welcome any other suggestions......

Thanks,

Tingewood.   

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tingewood

[ Edited ]

Hi qubuqu/anyone

Time to post a quick update.

Have spent several hours removing both with Revo Uninstaller and PC Suite Cleaner!! Then reinstalling all of my Nokia products Software Updater, PC Suite, Nokia Suite, PC Connectivity Solution, Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver, Nokia Multimedia Components and then Nokia Music Player......

Guess what......fails on install error 1722......

I am now rather off having had to re-establish all my connections USB & Bluetooth, reconfigure both of the suite's and confirm they work as before.....and all to no avail :smileysad:

I am at a total loss, it is just like some form of compatibility issue with my Windows 7 64 Bit.

Would clearly welcome any advice that does not involve removing all of the nokia products again.

Thanks,

Voyager Pilot

Moderators notes: Inappropriate language removed

Please use plain text.
Advisor
qubuqu

Just tested. The obj. is to follow ThreeOs' procedures.

Assuming an err. window shown during uninstalling "Nokia Multimedia Common Components", told that it cannot be removed as is required by "Nokia / Ovi Music Player"

(1) "Nokia Multimedia Common Components" should be able to be uninstalled by:

Deleting the Key "BlockingRefCounts" and all its SubKeys; exporting the whole Key before deleted it to play safe:

Example of an export using "RegEdit"

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Software\Nokia\MPlatform\Setup\BlockingRefCounts]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Software\Nokia\MPlatform\Setup\BlockingRefCounts\Message]
"NokiaMusic"="The Nokia Multimedia Common Component cannot be uninstalled because it is required for Nokia Music Player."

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Software\Nokia\MPlatform\Setup\BlockingRefCounts\Version]
"NokiaMusic"="2.5"

(2) After Key deleted, close regedit. Uninstalled "Nokia Multimedia Common Components" using "Programs and Features" under "Control Panel"

Hope this help.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
qubuqu

Today got a download of setupoviplayer.exe from europe.nokia.com. Run it on a win. 7 ult. 32-bit with language option selected to English (UK)

Noticed there're 2 installations of VC++ redistributables packages before download & installing  "Nokia MCC", VC++ 2005 & 2008 & made the plaform getting several sub-versions of VC++ of 2005 & 2008 ? !

While i dont have the following experiences, but :

On some blogs (asian language, non-english) about Nokia phones, some people having oviplayer setup errors mentioned that problem could be fixed by selected another language during installation of player.

Please use plain text.