Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Ovi Player + W7 64bit + XP VPC

Ovi Player + W7 64bit + XP VPC

I am having this problem where I cannot install the new Ovi Player on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Retail, everytime it gets to the screen of the installation where the files are downloaded then copied it downloads then fails immediately, it does say "Failed" in red.

So I tried the compatibility mode thing in Windows 7 on the setup file, no luck.

So then I thought why not just use XP, downloaded the Virtual PC thing and installed XP and then install Ovi Player.

It worked. Yay... except its a different PC so that means I have to re-register but the problem now is that when I press the sign-in button it "loads" ie. the circle in the bottom left of Ovi Player spins. Then.. stops it stays on the home screen.

I don't know if this is the right category/forum to post it in but yeah hopefully I can get some help.

Oh and I am aware that Ovi Player isn't full compatible with Windows 7... 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bindassanant

Re: Ovi Player + W7 64bit + XP VPC

hi there... i am using ovi player on windows 7 64 bit and it works like charm. try reinstalling it again. if not successful then i advice you to contact nokia via contact us page..best of luck.

Please use plain text.