Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Ovi music player failed installing

Contributor
zaki7

Ovi music player failed installing

fails at installling nokia multimedia common components failed

ovi player failed

i have tryed many times and remove nokia software still not working please help

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LEEBI

Re: Ovi music player failed installing

I had the same problem nokia customer care failed to provide a solution and were unhelpful. I consulted a techy friend who found out it was the anti virus software blocking the installation solution turn the firewall off briefly while you install. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
zaki7

i can not install this stupid software help please tryed everything

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
stevieboyblu

[ Edited ]

The Nokia OVI Music Software doesn't work and disabling antivirus or firewall makes no difference. They've obviously made some update that isn't compatible with what I think is their own previous software left lying around in various registry areas. Uninstalling and re-installing isn't any good either but it's probably the same folk writing the uninstall stuff so that isn't a surprise. Failed is an excellent description they provide to debug the reasons why - another hopeless software effort.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
stevieboyblu

[ Edited ]

The first of many errors in the Application Event Log (XP Operating System SP3) shows the first problem:

Nokia Software Installer 3.1.414 (NLib 0.7.487)

Setup failed with exit code -1072878848. Command line used: C:\Documents and Settings\Steve\Local Settings\Temp\Nokia Nseries Update Manager\n-cable-driver\Nokia_Connectivity_Cable_Driver_7_1_35_0.msi /Q:A /R:N /c:"wmsetsdk.exe /WMFDIST /Q /R:N /DisallowSystemRestore"

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LEEBI

If you think its a previous installation thats fowling up the new one track down the files and folders and remove them. Also try ovi suite cleaner thats available to download. Remember nokia software is awful and they expect you to solve any problems your having they've got your money they don't care. That's nokia down to the bone I've learnt my lesson and won't buy another of their products. Its a steep learning curve but thats life.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Indea

Halpe
Please use plain text.