Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Ovi music player not working

Sage
matto73

Ovi music player not working

Hi just got a update from nokia music saying i needed to update to use it.

I updated it so now it Nokia Ovi Player but doesnt work it freezes and unresponsive have to end task via task manager to stop it.

My gripe is i had funds on nokia music but now its updated to the new one i cant access them.

Any idea ty :smileyhappy:

Nokia N97 Unbranded RM-505 [0585162]
Firmware 21.0.045
It's NOT about the Kudos they just make my day, hit the Star if I Helped.
Registered Member

Re: Ovi music player not working

Hi,

I have the same problem, am using Windows 7 and the ovi player just hangs on start up, also seems to prevent me from renewing my music licenses.

This is a pain as i now cant listen to all my tracks, even on wmp as it keeps asking for a license hte store wont let me access to renew.

Registered Member

i am also having this same problem i am running windows xp i cant even download the new licenses at all for any of my music now and nothing will play in ovi music,

when i try too do anything it freezes up and comes up with ovi music as encountered a error and shuts down 

is there any news on this yet ?

Employee

Hi, you could try to delete the data store in Xp its is 
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Nokia\Nokia Data Store\DataBase and in vista it is 
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Nokia\Nokia Data Store\DataBase.  not sure of the path in windows 7
Employee

sorry forgot to mention, you need to close Ovi player before you delete the file
Registered Member

it gets further now,but now crashes as soon as i try importing my music back into it.

Further help would be appreciated! :smileyhappy:

cheers!  

Counsellor

I'm on Vista here, but I don't even have

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Nokia\Nokia Data Store\DataBase

I have a  C:\Users\<username>\AppData\ directory,but it only contains a Microsof\Forms subdirectory.

Nothing related to Ovi Player.

The Ovi Player takes > 1 minute to start and then remains basically unusable. It sometimes responds to a click or another every 3mins or so, but i's totally unpredictable - and certainly unuseable.

Sage
matto73

I tried the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Nokia\Nokia Data Store\DataBase and first attempt it asked to repair so i did via control panel. Tried again and stopped working when you click the music store side of things.

Why they couldnt just leave it alone as it worked fine when it was Nokia Music Store :smileysad:  now i have nothing.

Nokia N97 Unbranded RM-505 [0585162]
Firmware 21.0.045
It's NOT about the Kudos they just make my day, hit the Star if I Helped.
Sage
ken80ny

Hi All,

I have also installed the new Ovi Player after being forced down the throat yesterday. Upon installation/upgrade from Nokia Music to Ovi Player, I was able to import musics in my collection and access and download tracks (which was still pending from Nokia Music). I have also able to play music and listen to them.

However, I have noticed that the Ovi Music page is inaccessible. I am no longer able to browse through the Music Stores to select and download music (i am using CWM). There is only two empty fields with no descriptions appears on Ovi Music page and a "go" button. Have anyone else seen this? I have made several attempts to sign in using Nokia Account details but return to same page.

Suspecting the installation might need restart, I have restarted my PC. The next start-up of Ovi Player is met with crashes on my Vista system, saying "Ovi Player has stopped responding and will be shut down" when the player starts to refresh the library and song queue.

This is very frustrating as instead of service enhancement, the upgrade has made it unusable at all. The similar crash message was once encountered with initial version of Ovi Suite 2 beta version. It was rectified in the lastest revision. I hope Nokia is able to look into this soon and provide a patch or whatever to rectify the errornous Ovi Player.

was: 3310--> N80 v5.0719.0.2--> N82 v31.0.016; now: 5800xm v40
KeN82Ny
Registered Member

Had the same problem of just the two empty text boxes and the "go" button.

Using Vista and got it sorted out by deleting the file  

MDataStore.db3

in:

C:\Users\Alan\AppData\Local\Nokia\Nokia Data Store\DataBase

I can now access the store again

Sage

[ Edited ]

This is lifted directly out of the Nokia Search and Solve FAQ database.....

Close Ovi Music Player and delete the MDataStore.db3 file:

Vista C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Nokia\Nokia Data Store\DataBase\MDataStore.db3

XP C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Nokia\Nokia Data Store\DataBase\MDataStore.db3

Both of these locations are in hidden folders.  So, to view them users will need to: 

XP: Open Windows Explorer > Tools > Folder Options > View > Show Hidden Files and Folders

Vista: Control Panel > Folder Options > View > Show Hidden Files and Folders

Message Edited by malakhi75 on 13-Nov-2009 02:29 PM
Registered Member

Have deleeted the file as requested. Loaded up Ovi player and started to re-import all my music files back into it, only for the Ovi player to crash after 30 secs. After a dozen attempts I have managed to import 15 tracks out of 10000.

What is the point of an upgrade if it renders the applicatioon useless?

Sage
ken80ny

Yesterday, Ovi Player is no longer being offered for download on Nokia's website. I have uninstalled the faulty Ovi Player and when I intend to download the setup file, it is actually nokia music. Even if you clicked on the newsletter asking u to upgrade, it is also offering Nokia Music.

I hope Ovi Player is pulled back for improvement before mass released again as I actually like the upgrade except the hiccups of course.

was: 3310--> N80 v5.0719.0.2--> N82 v31.0.016; now: 5800xm v40
KeN82Ny
Registered Member

THIS IS THE WORST THING EVER!!!

ok i bought the "comes with music"(yea rite!!!) 5800....it keeps crashing on me!!

The main reason i bought it was fr the free music...rite!!!

now thats taking 2 mins to load and crashing!!!

if it doesent crach, it doesent download!!!

thats it nokia....apple won!!! im buying a iphone....

Registered Member

ok how do i get a version of nokia music/ovi player that works?????
Registered Member

I updated to Ovi Music today (28NOV09). It is running (playing my music), although I am experiencing a sluggish computer. OVI Music is very slow to respond if you switch from Artist to Album to Genere. Other applications (e.g. Outlook /Word/Excel/Opera browser) also stop responding when OVI Music is running in the background. I am running Windows XP in the U.S. Do I still need to delete the database file? Does the database file even address the sluggish computer issue? 
Contributor
chillax15

the application is not working! i keep getting nokia ovi player has encountered a problem a needs to close error. i've deleted/downloaded/reinstalled the program a couple of times and it's still not working! i'm running winxp. i was able to use it about 3 days ago. i had to just use the nokia pc suite to drag and drop music albums to my nokia 5800 phone. such a hassle. somebody from nokia, please, please, address this issue.
Contributor
chillax15

i got it running! i followed what you guys suggested and deleted the file.

XP C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Nokia\Nokia Data Store\DataBase\MDataStore.db3

thanks!

Registered Member

Hi, I am also having a problem with the new Ovi Player, however the player works but i cannot sign in. When i press the sign in button nothing happends. What should i do?

[ Edited ]
yep exactly the same here, no buttons work. Anyone help?
Message Edited by mattthejew on 30-Nov-2009 11:49 AM