Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Problem loading songs on the Nokia player. C60...

wookyee

Problem loading songs on the Nokia player. C601

I have a Nokia C601 with belle and my songs on the memory card. Suddenly one day the player does not show the song list. It does the albums but when you try to load the songs it says something like "damaged/corrupted file". Is I surf the file system and choose a mp3 file I can ply it no problem. Any clue? I tried to re-install the belle, but the problem still there. How could I re-install only the Player?

Many thanks

Rubén.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Re: Problem loading songs on the Nokia player. C601

Hi Rubén,

Welcome to the Nokia Forum!

Have you tried to refresh your music library? You can do this by going to the Music player main view and select Options > Refresh library. 

You can also try to perform a soft reset using the code *#7780# using security code 12345 by default if prompted. This will not delete any of your data, only restore the mobile settings to as they where when new.

I hope this has helped, please let me know if this has resolved your issue or not. 

Sheldrick 

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
wookyee

Thanks Sheldrick,
I have reset it using the code and the problem persist. Refreshing library does not load any new file and the process is canceled. It all seems like a memory card problem. When I input the memory card the album list show stright away. Is there any way to delete all the albums and reload them?
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

If you have access to a PC you can create a copy of the memory card on your PC and reformat yoru memory card inside the device. 

Once it has been formatted, plug it back into your PC and restore the backup.

I hope that it works! 

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Thenewbie

Now here is the solution : connect ur phone in Mass storage mode and navigate to folder named private (both in mass and memory card) then delete the folder named 10281E17 . U r done. Disconnect the phone from pc. Just open music player and wait for refresh.

If this solves ur problem,do tell. :smileyhappy:
If you want to thank someone, just click on the BLUE STAR at the bottom of their post
Please use plain text.