Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Problem with activating music subscription

Ikillthehulk

Problem with activating music subscription

I bought an AT&T Lumia 920 in US and I'm now living in China. I found the awesome unlimited music download feature of the phone not until recently. But I am having trouble activating it. I phoned Nokia US and they told me it's because I'm in China. The IP address isn't allowed. Now I'm DESPERATE looking for ways to activate it! Windows Phone 8 doesn't support VPN so I can't get a US IP on my phone. It's one of the best things of a Lumia, don't ruin it for me! I can give you my IMEI number and my Nokia account, would someone PLEASE help me?

I love Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

[ Edited ]

Hi Ikillthehulk,

Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions!

Nokia Music Unlimited is only available in 3 countries: China, Indonesia and India. Here's a detailed explanation for this:

It is not the case that all phones of a particular model in the world have the exactly same software, each has a product code which identifies it as belonging to a particular country and may have certain customised features and/or apps included as part of the software to suit local market conditions and needs.

There are two ways in which Nokia Music Unlimited can be available to a particular phone:

1. It is provisioned in the factory when the phone is manufactured, which is what happens in the majority of cases and is true of Lumia 710, 800 and 900 models being produced for the Indian market with the latest software already installed.
  2. It is added to the phone as part of a software update, as was the case with Indian Lumia 710 and 800 models with the latest update.

Nokia Music services are limited to specific countries due to the licensing agreements that exist with the record companies who own the rights to the music. For this reason, only phones manufactured for sale in India are factory-provisioned for Nokia Music India services, and only Indian product codes were provisioned for Indian Nokia Music Unlimited services as part of the recent update.

Buying a phone abroad sometimes gives you the advantage of having a particular model before others in your country, but buying a phone at home ensures that you are able to take advantage of special services intended for your home market, like Nokia Music Unlimited in India, and also ensures that you have full warranty support in your home country. -  Community Manager

Source: http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Music/Nokia-Music-Unlimited-on-Lumia-phones-in-India/td-p/1540728

***This applies for the 3 countries that supports Nokia Music Unlimited.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Ikillthehulk

I'm in China, why are you talking about India? I believe you just told me that my US phone can't be activated in China? So the only way to activate it is to go to US?
I love Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Hi Ikillthehulk,

This means that only phones that are manufactured and are intended in those 3 countries can subscribe to the Nokia Music Unlimited. Since your phone is from US, unfortunately you cannot avail of this service.

In the event that you would like to purchase a device in China to use the Nokia Music Unlimited, be reminded that you can only use it within the country.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
sumty

not sure of but try this out i had some what same problem of already registered.

just go to nokia music account and change the imei of Registered Nokia Music Unlimited devices

go on below link

http://music.ovi.com/in/en/pc

sign in with ur nokia account which use

then on top right u will get account tab

when you click on it u will get many options and details for ur nokia music account

like nokia account / music subscriptions/ Registered Nokia Music Unlimited devices

so all u need to go is in Registered Nokia Music Unlimited devices and click on Change my registered mobile

once u enter and give ur imei no on that tab then whAT NOTHING ENJOY UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD GUYS.

cheers & enjoy...
Please use plain text.