Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Problems with Ovi Player and Multimedia Common Com...

Registered Member

Problems with Ovi Player and Multimedia Common Components

Well, I've had a problem with my Ovi Player when it suddenly stop working and it sent me messages saying "This program stop working, Windows will find a solution" or something like that.

I tried many times to reapir it and re-install it, and it didn't work so I tried unistalling all Nokia Software and installing it again and it worked.

The problem is annoying me now is that there's a message every minute tlleing me "Nokia_Multimedia_Common_Components_2_5 is Preparing to install" and it also appears every time I try to open the Ovi Player.

I've also tried to repair it but nothing, I'm still with that problem.

please, help!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
skye_999

Re: Problems with Ovi Player and Multimedia Common Components

HAve you tried this:

UNINSTALL OVI PLAYER

·               On your computer, kindly go to the CONTROL PANEL> ADD and REMOVE PROGRAMS and uninstall the following:

1.             Nokia OVI Player

2.             Nokia Multimedia Common Components

3.             PC Connectivity Solution

4.             Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver

·               After uninstalling the programs, kindly follow this steps:

1.             Delete the following folders if they are present, but first make hidden files and folders visible:

a.                   Open a windows explorer window (for example, My Computer or My Documents).

b.                  Go to Tools - Folder options…

c.                   On View tab, go to Advanced Settings.

d.                  Ensure that “Show Hidden files and folders” is selected.

2.             After selecting “Show hidden files and folders”, delete the following folders:

***on Windows XP

·               NOKIA OVI PLAYER- C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia Music

·               MPLATFORM- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nokia\MPlatform

·               NOKIA DATA STORE- C:\Documents and Settings\<<Windows Username>>\Local Settings\Application Data\Nokia\Nokia Data Store

·               NOKIA OVI PLAYER- C:\Documents and Settings\<<Windows Username>>\Local Settings\Application Data\ Nokia\ OVI Player

***on Windows Vista

·               NOKIA OVI PLAYER- C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia OVI Player

·               MPLATFORM- C:\Program Files\ Common Files\ Nokia\ MPlatform

·               NOKIA DATA STORE- C:\Users\<<Windows Username>>\App Data\Local\ Nokia\Nokia Data Store

·               NOKIA OVI PLAYER- C:\Users\<<Windows Username>>\App Data\Local\Nokia\Nokia OVI Player

***REINSTALL using this link: http://musicstore.nokia.com/download.aspx

"One miss, You die"
Please use plain text.

No matter what I do I get a network error and I DO have the internet. No firewalls active. 

Can anybody assist?

Oh I have followed these instructions and removed all the invisible folders and uninstalled the program and the components.

Thanks. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sheel_baba

Followed you.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kafa

It's funny how loyal a customer can be... had this problem before, now again. music told that there is an update, klicked on it, dead... now music doesn't work. And as usual, there is no one to help from nokia. lots of people are useing win 7, but no exp. how to solv problems. probably I'd better quit useing nokia music. Had ipod and i tunes, never problems, probably better that way. Tired on putting down my time at solving nokias problems. If nokia cares send me expl. how to solv this or forget me...

best reg. tired customer...

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)
ThreeOs

Hi all,

If Nokia Music Player update fails, uninstall existing player version and also Nokia Multimedia Common Component. Then download installer for latest Nokia Music Player to your computer and start installation from there. This should solve the issue. Some more info and link to download the installer from here /t5/Music/Nokia-ovi-player-error-1722-during-install/m-p/1215185#M18915.

-ThreeOs

Please use plain text.
elinamk

I cannot uninstall Multimedia Common Components 2.5, whenever I try this message pops up "Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel". I am using Vista Home Basic. The PC keeps trying to install the software and I have already uninstalled Nokia Music Player, Connectivity Cable Driver and PC Connectivity Solution.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)
ThreeOs

@elinamk - If you have Nokia (or Ovi) Suite installed to your computer, uninstall that and then try uninstalling Nokia Multimedia Common Component again.

-ThreeOs

Please use plain text.

Not working for me. I don't even have Multimedia common components. Only PC connectivity solution and cable driver. Latest Suite and Player uninstallation don't change that Player and Mcc won't install (both failed).

C'mon, hurry up with solution, want my player back! It's the only player with good unfiltered ROCK sound. M$ updates (?) always worsen the sound quality of other players (eg. Winamp, Songbird) and VLC ain't a proper music player.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Tronder007

@ThreeOs

worked for me, thanks!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
srg_vela

ThreeOs, not working, I uninstalled almost all nokia packages but the only one I can't uninstall is the multimedia common components. More ideas?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
qubuqu

Had similar problems, followed instructions posted by others might help while don't know if it'd hurt other installed programs though:

(1)  Download from Microsoft:

Select "Advanced-Download to run on a different or disconnected computer" from 

Diagnose and fix program installing and uninstalling problems automatically

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

(2) Run the program,

- select "choose manually the program to fix" (don't remember the exact wordings)

- choose "uninstall"

- choose "nokia multimedia common components v... "

a pop-up window (behind M's fix it pgm. window) similar to that showed certain "not able to uninstall..." while uninstalling "nokia multimedia common components v... " might show, click OK to close that window

- "Fix-it" showed the report for it'd successfully fixed the problems...

(3) Uninstall "ovi player / nokia music" , "pc connectivity soln." , "nokia connectivity cable driver" if they're present

(if nokia suite, ovi suite, or nokia pc suite & other nokia pgms that required these software to connect nokia phones were already uninstalled)

(4) Download latest "setupNokiaMusic" or "setupOviPlayer" from official sites & re-install the nokia music player

Please use plain text.
Advisor
qubuqu

Assuming an err. window shown during uninstalling "Nokia Multimedia Common Components", told that it cannot be removed as is required by "Nokia / Ovi Music Player"

(1) "Nokia Multimedia Common Components" should be able to be uninstalled by:

Deleting the Key "BlockingRefCounts" and all its SubKeys; exporting the whole Key before deleted it to play safe:

Example of an export using "RegEdit"

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Software\Nokia\MPlatform\Setup\BlockingRefCounts]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Software\Nokia\MPlatform\Setup\BlockingRefCounts\Message]
"NokiaMusic"="The Nokia Multimedia Common Component cannot be uninstalled because it is required for Nokia Music Player."

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Software\Nokia\MPlatform\Setup\BlockingRefCounts\Version]
"NokiaMusic"="2.5"

(2) After Key deleted, close regedit. Uninstalled "Nokia Multimedia Common Components" using "Programs and Features" under "Control Panel"

Hope this help.

Please use plain text.

Nothing working. Can't even install Mcc to Win7, not to mention Nokia Music Player. Annoying! I was going to buy music from Nokia Store, but after realizing that my no.1 player still doesn't work, I didn't. Not very profitable to Nokia that this problem persist?

Please use plain text.
johannls

TuRn OfF AnTi VirUs aNd FiReWaLl... worked 4 me..

Please use plain text.
johannls

Did it help?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zyliangge

How about win 7? There's sth. donot understand!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ninadksd

same here when i tried to install oviplayer installation starts but when it goes for downloading nokia common multimedia components it says ''failed network error'' then try to do next downloading nokia music player that downloads fine and then it doesnt get installed properly 

i have windows 7 it says the programm needs to close 

what should i do 

i hv windows 7 ultimate 32 bit and gigabyte 945exp chipset familiy motherboard having ram of 1 Gb

Please use plain text.