Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Song licenses (Updated computer form Windows X...

Counsellor
jamo128

Song licenses (Updated computer form Windows XP to Windows 7

Ok, this is my problem

I updated my computer form XP to windows 7, now in doing so I had to backup all my files, music the works,

I  Install windows 7, etc etc,

Put music in the music folder, download Nokia Ovi player.

Find all music, then when I go to play the music it says it requires the license so I go OK, and wait for it to be re-downloaded. But it seems i cant re-download, any of the licenses at all so, i go to re-download  the songs again but it wants me to PAY for them as I don’t have my subscription anymore..

Is there anyway i can play the music i downloaded with my 1 year free subscription that I got of buying my nokia xpress music 5800? As when i brought it said i can play the music anywhere and its completely me own music...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jamo128

Re: Song licenses (Updated computer form Windows XP to Windows 7

btw i havent fixxed this, but little point, nokia was no help. 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Hey jamo128,

Sorry to hear about the issue. Please try to rename the DRM folder.

If this does not help, then unfortunately you have to re-download the songs from the download history in your Nokia account > Account > Download history > Subscription downloads. This should create new licenses for the music.

Hope this helps!

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jamo128

Well as the OP was a year old, i did try and redownload the music, but as it came from the Unlimited music licence i had at the time the nokia software goes "Nope you have to pay for this to download it" when i try and download it from ACCOUNT history. I did call up nokia about this problem a few times last year, got put on the "hold" to many times to count and then offered a way to fix the problem, which in fact is a pretty good way to fix the problem but was told that i shouldnt be giving solutions. 

I will try and redownload the music again, but i am in no hopes of it working. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jamo128

[ Edited ]

I just tried to download them again form the website via download histroy, and well instead of a nice "download button" i got the payment button

Picture is linked "Payments wanted for download via history"

I would think a option to fix that is to enable no payments on download history.  :smileyhappy: Awaiting your reply nokia. 

Edit: I am pretty sure this is a department of fair trading issue, as when i got my nokia 5800 xpress music it stated that once the year was up of free downloading i could use the music whenever and wherever i wanted, it seems i cannot. 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

[ Edited ]

Sorry to hear you are still unable to listen the songs. Please try to rename the DRM folder as instructed here. Regarding to the issue that you are unable to re-download the songs as they ask you to pay for them, please contact your local Nokia Care line so they can investigate further. Have your user credentials ready if you call them.

I hope you get the songs to work again!

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.