Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian Anna: Player not sorting correctly

swaish

[ Edited ]

Well, I have "Album Artist" set in the Tag but still everything is just sorted by Song Artist. I am using MP4a format files. See screenshot.

Music Player is now not worth having, rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ammad123

Skyee sez:

"For compilation albums with album artist information in the ID3 tag of a track and the same name in the track artist information, all tracks of an album are displayed as separate albums in landscape mode. This issue will be fixed in Symbian Belle."

Well Skyee, please will you forward OUR concerns to Nokia music team?

Thank You Buddy

Please use plain text.
monkeh

Absolutely rubbish, A ferrari phone with an austin allegro/ford pinto music player, I just gave a small rant in a post, and it was swiftly moved... AS long as I know they are releasing an update to fix the bl**dy thing... Im gonna keep the phone.

Now, the n8 music player seemed to be falling into place before anna got hold of it, I just about managed to get some form of organisation of my albums, i even re-edited them on my pc with an iod3 editor, that took me hours! What the hell is going on Nokia? The BEST music player for indexing was on the n95-8gb and my (ulp) n97 and now you go and goof up a good phone with a rubbish music player. WE WANT TO SORT BY ALBUM NOT ARTIST!

In search of sunrise by Tiesto/Durand is a multitude of artists and a lot of compilations I have added over the years have rendered the music player an infuriating experience if you drive with your phone, I like to stream bluetooth to my stereo, and I can change tracks on my stereo without touching my phone. Now I cant! However a 3rd party software program works for playing folders/albums but I have no control over it. Its not right!

Nokia! Sort it out on the next update,

A music player with Album selection!

I dont normally register on a forum just to set rant mode on, but after a 3210, 3310, 5210, 6210, 6250, 6630, 9210i, 6230, e61, n95, n95-8g, n97 (eep) and an N8, I feel that my nokia faith is dwindling, Bring on sony erricson... I started losing my nokia faith at the n97, the n8 is just keeping me hanging on by the thread of beauty.

Btw, I dont need telling to create countless playlist files, I have done that with a few albums, but I shouldnt have to!

#rant over,

Awaits lock or other n8 users to agree and revolt.  

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

I experience the same issue on my Nokia 701 (Symbian Belle). If  I'm sorting the songs by album I get a list of songs that are sorted by artist. That's completely illogical...

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Yep! Nokia promised to fix this in Belle but as a matter of fact they haven't kept their promise.

Please use plain text.