Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Transfer of music to Lumia 920.

Contributor
Evil_Toast
Accepted Solution

Transfer of music to Lumia 920.

Hi everyone . 

Got myself a brand new 920 last week , and it's mostly great . Mostly . 

I have a slowly growing collection of Music I've bought from the Nokia Music Store over the last 2 years . But I cannot transfer it to my new phone . 

1) Ovi Suite cannot recognize my phone . (Think this is a Microsoft monopoly thing  ?)

2) Zune is recomended , but it can't recognize/connect my phone . Also , to my amazement , I apparently entering a time warp recently , I'm back in 1875 where people don't move countries at all . Ever . Because only the mega rich and sailors can . Or something .

I did manage to eventually log onto Zune with my Windows ID after a week of web browsing .

In other news my laptop is now in the UK whilst I type this from sunny South Africa . My fingers are a little tired from that 10 000km stretch . I'm going to feel that in the morning . 

3) Nokia Music player can detect my phone , but can't transfer my music to my new phone due to Licensing restrictions . 

Any help would be greatly appreciated , and bear in mind I'm a techno barbarian . Please use easy , small words . Pictures would be better .

Thanks !  

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: Transfer of music to Lumia 920.

Hi there mate,

Two things first of all. Nokia Suite does not work with the new Lumia's, and also Zune does not either. For Windows Phone 8 devices you will need to download the Windows Phone app from the Store in Windows 8, or from WindowsPhone.com website for Windows 7.

That should get you connected a lot easier, have you tried signing and syncing with Nokia Music on your 920 itself, to see if your purchased songs have shown up?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Evil_Toast

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply . 

1) Have the WindowsPhone App thingy , but when I sync my music I cannot play it on my phone due to my phone not being able to verify the Licence . 

2) Logged into Nokia Music on my phone , but it's still lonely in there . Can't find a menu bar/something to select a option to sync . 

[EDIT] - Just looked at the FAQ my phone directed me too . Apparently , I need to use Zune ...[/banging head against wall]

[EDIT 2] - Was sent here -->http://www.nokia.com/za-en/support/product/nokia-music

Where I was told to use Zune -->http://www.nokia.com/za-en/support/product/nokia-music/troubleshooting/?action=singleFAQ&caseid=FA13... .

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

[ Edited ]

Windows Phone 8 does not use Zune nor does it require you to use the WP8 app. It supports Media Transfer Protocol (available from Windows XP SP3) and will have the media folders on the phone available in Explorer when you connect the phone using the USB connection.

All you need to do is drag (or copy/paste) the desired tracks. Earlier versions of Nokia Music did use DRM and these tracks will not be playable on your phone. If this is the case I suggest you go to http://music.nokia.com to download your tracks again (which should now be available without DRM).

If you need further help on this I suggest you contact Nokia Care as they have access to your account information regarding tracks you purchased before.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Evil_Toast

paulheu, you are an officer and a gentleman . 

That worked brilliantly , many thanks ! 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Your welcome.. 

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
wmower

Hi

PLease Help

Thanks for that answer. I have connected my pc (Wndows xp) with a cable to my Nokia Lumia 920 but when I go into My Computer I do not get drive e.g (E:smileyhappy: Limia 920 all I get is a camera and and this only allow me to get photo's.

Please use plain text.
JonathanSymes

what do i do for vista 32 bit

Please use plain text.