Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

a broken image on my nokia 5800 gallery that can't...

Registered Member

a broken image on my nokia 5800 gallery that can't be deleted

[ Edited ]

hi. yesterday i added new mp3s on my gallery through my USB cable. after the transfer, i refreshed the media library and found a lot of broken image icon at my images & videos folder and also at my sound clips and other media folder. when i try to delete them. it just says "Unable to delete file."

i tried to connect it again in my computer and search for those "broken images" but haven't found anything.

the file has a filename which goes like this: "ID_RM356_0633232." there are so many of them and the filename only varies at their extension numbers. also, everytime i delete them, after the "unable to delete file" message, a key symbol appears on it.

what's going on? how can i delete them?

please help :smileysad:

Message Edited by sweetsnob on 17-Jun-2009 07:12 PM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: a broken image on my nokia 5800 gallery that can't be deleted

I had a similar problem. The difference was that the broken image was a video file I made and somehow deleted later, and it stayed in the photo library (and was shown as the broken image). When I tried to delete it, the phone just said: General: System error.

I spent some time trying to find out how to fix this. In the end a night's sleep did the work and, as usual, the simpliest solution was the best. THIS WORKED FOR ME:

Open Nokia Photos on your PC (if you don't have it, I'm sure you can download it somewhere from nokia, I had it installed from the CD that came with my phone).
Connect your phone to the PC, select PC Suite connection mode.
Wait until your device shows up in the Nokia Photos app (in my app it showed up top from Computer, on top left).
Click Captured pictures and video (the name can differ, I have a czech version) under your phone's tab.
Find your broken image/video.
Click it.
Press DELETE on your keyboard.
Confirm.
Done it should be  Smiley

Hope this helps and works for you:smileyhappy:
Peace,
Michael

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Guys......

Follow the below procedure for this problem....Hope this will work :-

1. connect the phone with PC using Mass Storage Mode

2. go to Private > 101f8857 > Cache > E Drive

3. delete all the files

4. disconnect safely (imp...coz many ppl just remove the usb coed)

5. problem solved...

those clones will no longer be seen...all the images have been refreshed.

this happens due to the phone hanging when it runs out of RAM.

it used to happen a lot with my phone too... 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
charmiek

i tried the above..and it didnt work at all

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

When you connected your phone to the PC, did you safely disconnect it or did you pull it out "hot", either way the files seem to have been corrupted for some reason. It may be a virus on your PC, or simply the pulling out of the card/phone while the PC was still accessing it.

Are these photos on the memory card? If so, plug in the card into the PC via card reader, or using mass storage mode. In my computer, right click the icon for the memory card>select properties>tools>disk check. Tick the two options, then start. Wait for it to finish. While your there, let your PC analyze the card if it needs defragmenting as well.

If the above procedure does not work, manually delete the files from the card using the PC, or failing that, you may have to reformat.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
alanmatthew

Hi all !

I did it the way mentioned  and worked for me , At the end must remove usb safely !!important.

thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bubblez

Re: How can i repair images that are broken?

Hi,

I have a nokia e71 that wont show my pics any more!! When i try and open it, it just says

unable to open image.., is there an app or something that i can get to bring my pics back???

Please Please Please :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
compactplay

Thank You very much very very much....you and nokia photos helped me:smileyhappy:)

Please use plain text.