Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

mp3 or M4a or aac or eaac+ ?

Registered Member

mp3 or M4a or aac or eaac+ ?

Hello

when transferin music files to my phone, do i convert them in mp3, m4a 64kbps, m4a 48kbps, m4a 32kbps,aac 160kbps, aac 128kbps, aac 96kbps or eaac+ ? which format is better?:smileyindifferent:

Please reply asap :manhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
el_loco

Re: mp3 or M4a or aac or eaac+ ?

Better for what?

640K Should be enough for everybody
El_Loco Nokia Video Blog
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
shayesta

to save space and get sound quality same as mp3 then just transfer them to .M4A (aacplus 48kbit/s PS Stereo) using Winamp 5 or Easy CD-DA Extractor
If you find my post useful then click on
Kudos!
Nokia N96 (v20.050 / RM-247)
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
el_loco

For better compatibility encode them to MP3 @ 256kbps this format is most widely supported.

For better integration into Windows Media Player, save them to WMA @ 256 kbps this is very good audio quality.

For better integration into iTunes save them to M4A AAC format.

640K Should be enough for everybody
El_Loco Nokia Video Blog
Please use plain text.