Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

music library refreshing problem - nokia c7

Advisor
badrmizher

music library refreshing problem - nokia c7

after i sync music from ovi player then i refresh the music library in the phone it shows "operation failed. file is corrupted .. 0 files added " ... but it actually adds the new songs.

help plz :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
jamesvini

Re: music library refreshing problem - nokia c7

The problem could be with one of the music files you are trying to sync or one of the files on the phone, Are there any songs that dont play for you? Or do you get an error message like "file not recognized" or some thing similar?
If so then you may have a corrupted file that needs to be delete. Or you could re-install the software on your phone using the ovi suite to get rid of any bad files.
Hope this helps
"Freedom is the only way, yeah!"
Please use plain text.
rahulbond

I got the best solution to this. First let me expalin the problem.

Case: The problem is Music Library not refreshing.

Cause: There may be one or few which files which are corrupted or such format is not supported by the firmware, those file(s) create such problem.

Solution:

A. I have over 500 music files in the memory card. and there was only one file which was creating the problem. So I did thourugh search like removing all music and audio files from memory and moving them back into memory card in batches of 10 and than refreshing the library. this sorting helped me to find that file. If this solution doesn't work than go for the below solution B....

1. Connect your C7 to you PC in Mass Storage Mode 
2. On your PC you will need to have allowed to "Show" hidden files, do this from Explorer/Tools/ Folder Options/ View and select "Show hidden files and Folder" 
3. Open your SD memory card/Removable Disk in My Computer on PC 
4. Go to E:\ Private there you will see 3 folders 2000CEA3, 101ffca9 and 10281e17 . 
5. Go to Private\2000CEA3\cache there you will see .dat files. Delete all the .dat file BUT NOT the Folder.
6. Now go to Private\101ffca9 there you will see another .dat file, Delete the dat file NOT the folder. 
7. Finally go to Private\10281e17 There you should see 4 files 2 are Mp3 files other are Podcast files. Delete mpxv2_2.db & mpxv2_2.db-journal for Mp3 files list and Delete pcv6_1.db & pcv6_1.db-journal for Podcast files list.
8. Close all windows and disconnect your Phone. Go to Music Library and it should automatically start a refresh.

If this doesn't work than go for solution C and repeat solution B.

Solution C: take backup of all your audio files in your PC. now follow Solution B. Now move the files in your phone mass memory in batches of 10 (to allow sorting out the corrupted file/unsupported file.) disconnect your device from the PC. go to music library. first time it should start refreshing automatically and afterwards you have to do manual refresh. keep moving files in batches of 10 or 20. I'm damn sure this will help out to find out the culprit (the corrupt file) ---> This has helped me. I was facing this problem for a long one month.

Give me kudos if you found my answer helpful. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
jamesvini

I logged in just to give you kudos for that great answer.

I want to buy you a mead!

"Freedom is the only way, yeah!"
Please use plain text.
rahulbond

Thanks James!

-Rahul
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
alibhai

thankz kudos for ur solution... I was enquring for solving this problem in ma phone..now music player work properly in phone
Please use plain text.